“3 star hotel with a 5 star staff” 5 of 5 stars

Minister Business Hotel
Col Florencia Norte, Blvd Suyapa 2340, Tegucigalpa, Honduras   |
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“3 star hotel with a 5 star staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a great hotel to stay and quite affordable too (compared to the other big chain hotels). Rooms are furnished with a contemporary taste and are very clean, although the shower had an 80's vibe, but still,clean and clear. I stayed in a standard room, it had A/C, coffee brewer, TV cable, Wi-Fi, the basic stuff to enjoy your visit. However, the staff from this hotel is extraordinary, from reception to the waiters, they are attentive and polite. I had an issue with my debit card, and the receptionist gave me the best solution that works for me. I was very impressed with her troubleshooting skills. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Tegucigalpa!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are great if you're staying alone or couple. If you're staying with you'r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Minister_Hotels, Marketing Manager at Minister Business Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Maurice:

We appreciate your comments, and thank for taking your time to share your feedback.

We are proud to read that our staff helped make your stay extra special and that overall the service exceeded your expectations.

We look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back in our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visit the Minister Business Hotel every time I have a business trip to Tegucigalpa, and I must say, this is the best choice for any type of traveller. The decor is excellent. The rooms are cozy very comfortable and have everything I need. The breakfast every morning hits the spot, and the bar at night is easily one of your best bets for a pleasurable evening with business clients, associates, or friends.

The staff is always great and seem to go out of their way to assure my stay exceeds my expectations. They also have conference rooms and business lounge where I am able to work during the day. This last trip I did not even leave the hotel! The location of the hotel is also excellent, very close to shopping malls and business centers of Tegucigalpa.

One more thing... this is probably one of the most ecofriendly hotels I have visited!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Minister_Hotels, Marketing Manager at Minister Business Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Mr. Bermudez:

It was a pleasure having you in our hotel and experience all that Minister Business Hotel has to offer. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with everything they need to feel confortable.

We are glad you were able to enjoy the relaxing experience we are aiming to provide.

We hope to receive you soon again.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great place to stay, very safe, excellent food and accomidations. Good location, and the staff were very welcoming, and went above and beyond their duties to take care of us. I would definitly stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Minister_Hotels, Gerencia de Mercadeo at Minister Business Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Customer:

Thank you for making us your hotel in Tegucigalpa, we will make sure to let our staff know about your review, we will be ready to welcome you back with smiling faces at your return.

Thank you again, see you soon.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Most travelers are looking for the same basic list of requirements. And most travelers have a hard time finding them all in one place. The Minister has them all and exceeded my expectations.
#1. Excellent Service from the security guard at the entrance to the check in desk to the restaurant, bar and even the maids with a smile. (I left $, passports, laptop out with no issue).
#2. Excellent location in and near the best part of the city.
#3. Clean, new rooms and bathrooms. Comfortable beds, work area, big windows with great views, lots of electric outlets, in room safe and fridge etc.
#4. Great hotel for work with meeting rooms and a place to work- even with the rooftop area with fresh air and panoramic views of the city.
#5. The hotel is small and personalized with approximately 4 rooms per floor.
#6. It is a very good value- often half the price of competitive hotels in the city that are a bit run down. Immediately upon check in when you meet Alejandro, Manuel, Damian or Wilmer you receive Ritz Carlton quality service. Soraya in the bar & Belinda in the restaurant will keep you happy. It's also rare that you have the owner of the hotel (Nichole) on site making sure the service and overall quality maintains to her high standards.
If it reads as though I'm related to the hotel in someway- I am not. I had a bad fall on the stairs (my fault- texting and walking isn't smart). I got a concussion and broken ribs and was in a lot of pain- the entire staff treated me as if I was family and took care of me with genuine concern. I'll never forget that and this is why I took the time to get everyone's names and write this true and accurate.
review.
A note on Tegucigalpa and Honduras in general. It blows my mind that the country has such high crime levels. As a world traveler I'm aware that you have to be careful in any country however Honduras seemed especially safe and friendly to me. I honestly felt safer there than I do in many parts of the USA and Canada. Just like Mexico- the crime stats are cartels and gangs killing each other & corrupt officials- not innocent people. If you research it- most kidnappings and killings of business people or people who seem innocent on the surface owed money or has a family member that was involved in crime in one way or another. If you look at the stats of true- innocent people vs the USA- you are 10 times safer in Honduras and Mexico. It doesn't sell media to report this simple fact.
Thank you again Minister- I look forward to returning soon.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This Hotel offered a very peaceful experience that took me away from the stress I was in. Very clean and excellent service. The centrical location is one of the best for its value. I recommend it to anyone that comes to Tegucigalpa.

Room Tip: The rooms to the right of the elevator on the 5th floor have some noise from the upper 6th floor kit...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Minister_Hotels, Marketing at Minister Business Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Venegas:

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay with us.

We are so pleased to know Minister Business has become a peaceful experience for you during your stay in Tegucigalpa,

Kind Regards,
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was my first trip to Honduras and I was so very comfortable there. The staff was always pleasant and helpful and I felt very safe and relaxed. It was very clean throughout and tastefully decorated. Laundry service was great. We did not venture out on foot—I would be afraid to try and cross the street. Traffic is crazy! I had breakfast and dinner there each day and the meals were fabulous. I enjoyed their local food. Soda there is a treat. The dining area was beautiful and clean and every effort was made to make us feel welcome—and well fed. The rooftop bar was a nice surprise. The rooftop atmosphere and the view of the city is wonderful. Typical city noise up there but we enjoyed the fact that there are several really comfortable sitting/lounging areas. Very modern, very airy. Grateful for wifi. Took me a day or two to figure out that if you go to the lobby on your floor, reception is best. I appreciated my stay there and am looking forward to going back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Over the past eight years I have had the pleasure of staying at both of the Minister Hotels in Tegucigalpa more than a dozen times with a group of surgical missionaries serving in the major hospitals in Tegucigalpa. The staff is superb and have proved themselves very flexible and competent in accommodating our varied needs. The facilities are modern, fresh and clean and the food quite good. Nice meeting facilities are available. I can strongly recommend The Minister Business Hotel as a wonderful facility for an individual or a group of travelers.
R, Barry Sorrells, MD Little Rock, AR

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Minister Business Hotel? Share your experiences!