“Nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall

You added Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall to your Saves list
Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard del Sur y Colonia Hernandez | Multiplaza Mall, San Pedro Sula 3818, Honduras   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Norman, Oklahoma
“Nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our first and unofrtunately only night here was very nice! The rooms and bedding were very nice! The food was very good! The staff was very good! The one staff member who stood out was one of the concierges. He helped us get our money exchanged. He walked us over to a pharmacy because I had forgotten a critical medication. He helped us get to the a movie theater and we had an overall great experience! I wish we had stayed all nights here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
German R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Okie-Babs,

We are really happy that you enjoyed your one day stay at our hotel. Our concierge team is really great, and they will be pleased to see your review about their job well done.

We would like to invite you to come again to our hotel, if it is not for business, maybe you can stop in your way to Copan Ruinas or Roatan, and for sure you will receive our best service again.

Have a great 2013 and thanks again for your time.

Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Compared to other hotels in this price segment and also other parts of the world, it does outstandingly well. Rooms beautiful and superclean. Bed is very comfortable. Everthing in the hotel looks brandnew (Jan 2013). Wifi is fast and reliable throughout the whole complex, they charge a bit for it, though. Maybe ask for a deal in advance.
40-something flatscreen in my 7th floor room, ~100 international channels, some HD. Good food in the restaurant and bar, don't miss the sushi deal in the afternoon! Minibar was better equipped than anywhere seen before. Staff is friendly and helpful! It's a safe place in San Pedro Sula obviously, they organise safe shuttles to and from the airport.
Didn't use the gym, but looked new, too.
I stayed two nights instead of one, because I enjoyed my stay so much.

• Stayed January 2013
German R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Felix,

First of all, Happy New Year! And thank you very much for our first review this year 2013. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and decided to stay longer.

We are also very happy to see that our recent renovations, including our brand new restaurant, Factory, and the sushi Bar Nau Lounge, are giving our guests even a better impression of the hotel.

We really hope that you enjoyed your stay in San Pedro Sula.

Snohomish, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

For the price I was expecting a 4 or 5 star quality stay. Not quite. They have all the amenities, but you have to bug the staff a ton of times to get what you want. In the end I didn't bother to ask for stuff like a towel by the pool. I just went up to my room to get one. Don't expect good service there.

Room Tip: Rooms without cockroaches tend to be cleaner.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
German R, Social Media Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear markdivers13,

We are sorry for the inconveniences. May I add that we always count with fresh towels in the pool area and also in the gym.
We appreciate your valuable time, and definitely are taking into consideration your comments.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had several problems from the moment I arrived. I booked a private taxi from the hotel to pick me up at the airport but when I arrived the driver had to wait for additional guests. At the moment of check-out, I was charged for things that my travel agency paid weeks in advance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
German R, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Chicago2013,

First, please accept our apologies for the bad service that you received. We definitely take into consideration your complaints.

Secondly, we would like to explain you that our transportation service from and to the hotel can be private or through the hotel shuttle. We actually offer the shuttle service, 15 usd from the airport to the hotel. Also, we have the private transportation with a taxi company. The price for this service is 16 usd.

If you arranged your transportation as private, we are very sorry for that, and that sould not have happened. I personally contacted our concierge service, who is in charge of this arrangements, and we are trying to figure out what happened.

On the other hand, if you did not confirm what kind of transportation you needed, we assumed it was the shuttle you were requesting.

Please send me a private email at german.ramiro@r-hr.com to follow up your case, and give you the treatment you should receive as a guest of our hotel.

Lastly, since we dont know which agency you used to book our hotel, there is nothing we can do but apologize if that was our mistake.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us, and we will be able to give you a better service.

Best regards.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went to San Pedro Sula for business last week and stayed at the Intercontinental hotel there. It is as good as the other Intercontinental hotels in Central America, you can go to any of them worry free.

• Stayed November 2012
German R, R.Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hola Leonardo,

Thanks for your email. We appreciate your time and we are really happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in San Pedro Sula. We hope to host you very soon.

Hasta pronto!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I guess you don't go wrong with the Intercontinentals. I was a bit hesitant in going to SPS in Honduras for a meeting. However after an uneventful arrival with AA, somebody was waiting for me at the airport to take me to this hotel. I was pleasantly received except for the fact that for the first time I was requested to leave a deposit from my credit card on checking in. I argue with the front desk personnel and requested to discuss the matter with the manager on duty. He/she didn't show up but instructed the clerk to dismiss the request.
The room was nice, quite and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent and the hotel is just beside a shopping mall where there are good stores and bank branches to change money. The bathroom and shower were great.
Tip: do not accept a request for a deposit on check in. Specially if they already have your credit card.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
German R, Revenue Manager at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your time and we are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and you had the chance to use our private shuttle from the airport.

As most hotels do, we request a deposit in case you want to use the minibar, room service or extras, which in that case we use the same credit card. If you dont want to leave a deposit, there is no problem with that. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Thanks for your good comments about the room and the breakfast. We try to give the best service, and your satisfaction make us really happy.

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

At first sight, I wanted to rate this hotel as excellent. Nice lobby, efficient check-in, very cozy room with a great bed and a perfectly soundproof window leaving no outside noise in, so I had a great sleep that night; I did not even mind the room being on the smaller side. The next moorning, I needed to use the vanity mirror. Alas, it was not there, broken away from its support. I needed to iron my shirt, but the iron was virtually useless with a lots of burnt-on plastic. Anyone ever checked it not just for presence, but also for working order? I went to the restaurant to have breakfast, the maitre-d´ was surly and could not care less. Adding to this a few more issues and we have one point down. Pity, because this place is really nice, conveniently located and 5* rating is not that far away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Schierloh, Gerente at Real InterContinental San Pedro Sula at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Martinzz,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to host people from all over the world, and especially for those who travel from far away, we try to give the best service and make you feel like at home.

We have improved our equipment ,and our rooms are really comfortable, althought we apologize for the inconveniences about the mirror and the iron. It was an important mistake, and it has been reported to double check, not only if the items are in the room, also if they are in good conditions and work properly, as you nicely suggested in your comments.

On the other hand, we have our main restaurant, Bambu, which offers a great buffet for breakfast, and sometimes gets really busy, thats why we apologize in case you didnt have the best service.

Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you at the hotel very soon.