“Not worth the money!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Morazan O- E, btwn Avda 10 & 11, San Pedro Sula, Honduras   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 34 hotels in San Pedro Sula
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“Not worth the money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently spent 2 weeks at this Crowne Plaza only because the staff is so friendly and attentive but the rooms are definitely out dated and most things don't work like the CD player in the room and a broken lamp. There are certainly a few more hotels in San Pedro Sula at the same price and better amenities and creature comforts. My reservation was supposed to include a free night which the promotion stated and was not credited at check out. I am still waiting for the staff to get back to me because I even submitted a copy of the promotion which I saved on my computer. By the way the pool was dirty and has very old patio furniture. You have been warned...

Room Tip: The only nice rooms are on the executive floors but you will have to pay a bit more and for the mone...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Carlos A,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am in San Pedro Sula for many nights per year. I have stayed at the Hilton, InterContinental and Holiday Inn express, plus some others. After reading some of the reviews, I booked only one night at this Crowne Plaza, even though I'll be in San Pedro Sula for a total of 9 nights this month.

To my pleasant surprise, I really liked this hotel. It's not within walking distance of the big malls. When I arrived, the bellman/doorman unloaded 5 bags and provided free (and flawless) car valet to the secured underground parking. The staff always remembered my name. Yes, the hotel has not recently been remodeled, but everything worked great. I had good A/C; good hot shower; clean room and good, clean and smell-free bed. The room could have used one more lamp, but really the room was good. For costing only $1 more per night than the Holiday Inn Express, this hotel included great service. As a priority club member, they provided free drinks and appetizers in a really cool lounge. Dinner was priced about the same as the "American" restaurants, and had really good food! (not nearly as expensive as InterContinental). The complimentary breakfast the next day included a breakfast buffet with omelet station. It was a super breakfast with table service, as well. Clearly worth paying $1 more than the Holiday Inn. If you value any personalized service at all, this hotel is great. Sure the Hilton and InterContinental are nicer, but if you care about value, this hotel is the best of the "gringo friendly" pack.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I traveled for business and so came and went often. The staff were always present, helpful and smiling.
My room had a terrific view of the air conditioning units. Oh well, I wasn't there much. The room itself was quiet, clean and had a comfortable bed. I don't know what it is about coffee service in the room, but I once again didn't get my coffee refreshed when they cleaned the room.
The restaurant was fine with good variety. The staff was great in the restaurant, remembering how I liked my coffee, etc. Friendly and accommodating. The Wifi in the lobby was great though it didn't extend to my third floor room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Placencia, Belize
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Myself and a colleague arrived at the hotel after 10pm to find that they had our reservation dates wrong and were expecting us the day before and so without contacting us to see if we were still coming (after charging our card for the lost night) they sold our room. We were left with no reservation. The front desk staff had no clue how to handle this situation and looked completly lost it was not until I met their 'leader' the 'manager' that I understood why. Terrible customer service. Telling us there was ONE room then saying there were two people that may not show so they might have TWO rooms.. then when one person did show that would have left them with TWO rooms but suddenly none were available.

When we asked to make a telephone call they were unable to get the phone to work??? When using a staffs cell phone the call went through???

After all was said and done we ended up at Holiday Inn Express and it was much much cleaner, far more traffic and WAY better customer service. We took it as a blessing afterall.

Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula needs a good cleaning and upgrade as well as simple customer service training at the front desk.

For any other travel we conduct in San Pedro Sula we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear dashabelize,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your experience with us. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am deeply sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and services we offer. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Joel B
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference at the ExpoCentre. Considering that the hotel is in Central America, the lobby and bar are absolutely fine and comfortable. The service was excellent always every day just the prices were a little on the steep side but the laundry prices were reasonable given the normal hotel rip offs for this service. My room as just standard on the 4th floor and was of a 4 star standard with very comfy bed and large desk area. The only thing was that the safe was missing in the room but i just locked my valuables in my suitcase when I was out during the day. I recommend this hotel definitely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kirkland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on the 9th floor. The hotel is very dated in its public areas. No changes in 20+ years and not much activity either. The gym has not been touched for 20 years, is in a tiny room with cheap plastic floors that were dirty. The equipment just about functions. The room I stayed in was OK, clean. There was no hot water (nor did other guests have that privilege either). The staff try their best, but the lipstick on this old concrete tower block is hard to mask.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Moonstonemoclips,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the property. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen Gray
Eagle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Was very disappointed. just was not very nice. Smelled musty. Rooms average Food in restaurant less than par.Stayed at worst but also much better. Glad only had to stay one night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Mark W,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly disappointed we did not manage this for your stay. I'm sorry our rooms and the food served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula? Share your experiences!