“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula

You added Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Morazan O- E, btwn Avda 10 & 11, San Pedro Sula, Honduras   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
Placencia, Belize
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Myself and a colleague arrived at the hotel after 10pm to find that they had our reservation dates wrong and were expecting us the day before and so without contacting us to see if we were still coming (after charging our card for the lost night) they sold our room. We were left with no reservation. The front desk staff had no clue how to handle this situation and looked completly lost it was not until I met their 'leader' the 'manager' that I understood why. Terrible customer service. Telling us there was ONE room then saying there were two people that may not show so they might have TWO rooms.. then when one person did show that would have left them with TWO rooms but suddenly none were available.

When we asked to make a telephone call they were unable to get the phone to work??? When using a staffs cell phone the call went through???

After all was said and done we ended up at Holiday Inn Express and it was much much cleaner, far more traffic and WAY better customer service. We took it as a blessing afterall.

Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula needs a good cleaning and upgrade as well as simple customer service training at the front desk.

For any other travel we conduct in San Pedro Sula we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear dashabelize,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your experience with us. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am deeply sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding regarding your reservation. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and services we offer. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Joel B
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference at the ExpoCentre. Considering that the hotel is in Central America, the lobby and bar are absolutely fine and comfortable. The service was excellent always every day just the prices were a little on the steep side but the laundry prices were reasonable given the normal hotel rip offs for this service. My room as just standard on the 4th floor and was of a 4 star standard with very comfy bed and large desk area. The only thing was that the safe was missing in the room but i just locked my valuables in my suitcase when I was out during the day. I recommend this hotel definitely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kirkland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on the 9th floor. The hotel is very dated in its public areas. No changes in 20+ years and not much activity either. The gym has not been touched for 20 years, is in a tiny room with cheap plastic floors that were dirty. The equipment just about functions. The room I stayed in was OK, clean. There was no hot water (nor did other guests have that privilege either). The staff try their best, but the lipstick on this old concrete tower block is hard to mask.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Moonstonemoclips,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the property. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen Gray
Eagle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Was very disappointed. just was not very nice. Smelled musty. Rooms average Food in restaurant less than par.Stayed at worst but also much better. Glad only had to stay one night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Mark W,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly disappointed we did not manage this for your stay. I'm sorry our rooms and the food served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
South Fulton, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I decided to try the Crown Plaza in San Pedro Sula due to the renovations going on at the Inter-Continental and it turned out to be worse. First of all check-in took 20 minutes not because of a crowd (only 2 people in front of me) but because of only one desk clerk on duty and he seemed to be unexpierenced. I was told that I recieved an upgrade for being a Platinum Rewards member but I did not, ended up in standard room with two double beds. After going out to dinner I came back to the room and turned on the A/C, after about an hour the room was still just under 80 degrees. Called the front desk and was told " the problem was due to the power company and not the hotel and it should be fixed in about an hour". The A/C never did work during the night.
Around 3:00 AM someone attempted to enter my room with a key card. The safety latch was on the door so they could not enter. As I got fully awake I was able to figure out that the front desk had mistakenly assigned my room to another guest because the front desk clerk had me down as in a different room.
Spoke to the manager in the morning when checking out and she said she "was sorry" for the problems. Not as sorry as I was !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear msmintn,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Pedro Sula.

Zelyn N
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was in this hotel before. It was good At that time. Pne year ago. There is not maintenance in the hotel. The pool area look abandon. Also the water in the pool is dirty. Prices in te restaurant are expensives along with the poor service and choice to what the say is a buffet. I really recoment other hotel this has a low quality and popr service

• Stayed May 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Josephcu,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaime W
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel has comfortable rooms with all conveniences. Exception staff, most of whom speak English. Wi-fi available. Very good breakfast included. Convenient for getting a taxi to the artisan's market for excellent souvenirs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula? Share your experiences!