“Couldn't help you enough!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Guacamaya Inn B&B

and 1 more site!
You added Guacamaya Inn B&B to your Saves list
Guacamaya Inn B&B
16 calle S.O. | Col. Los Arcos frente a Hotel Copantl, San Pedro Sula 0000, Honduras   |
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
“Couldn't help you enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on two separate nights as we passed through the airport to and from Belize to the Bay islands: I'm extremely glad that we stayed at guacamaya inn. Roberto and the staff were extremely helpful: Roberto picked us up from and took us to the airport early in the morning, were happy to give us instruction and guide for whatever we wanted. He is incredibly passionate about what he does, and has a great knowledge of the city and country. Rooms were well sized, fresh decor and very clean. I would highly recommend you stay here if you are staying in San Pedro for a few nights or just passing through.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The staff at the Guacamaya Inn were polite, friendly and helpful. The room was huge and nice. It seemed to be in a quiet, safe part of San Pedro Sula. If you're nervous about wandering out into the city at night, there's a really great system for ordering food to your room from a large assortment of restaurants. We left our stuff there all day when we went to Copan, and it was all fine when we got back. Thursday night went really well. Friday night there was some really loud music outside our window until 3am, but I don't know if that was a special occasion or a common occurrence. The breakfast was amazing. I highly recommend Guacuamaya for any travelers to San Pedro Sula.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ambergris Caye, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay even though it was just an overnight but the service is excellent. The room is very clean and loved the colors, very tropical. Its so quiet that you can sleep in comfort. Its just like 400 yards from City Mall and other major plazas. I want to thank Roberto and his family for giving me a warm welcome and assistance. I would strongly recommend this to friends who want to go to San Pedro Sula for business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

These folks are folks and not internationally trained hoteliers. The one thing they know is how to look after their guests. Not only that their marketing campaign, their décor, their approach is unique to them and it works. No point changing something that has charm, good service, well appointed rooms, and people who really give a damn. Nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Needed a place to sleep for a night in San Pedro Sula, luckily we stumbled on the Guacamaya Inn B&B. Super helpful staff, clean rooms and you can walk across the street to the mall for those flip flops that just ripped.

Not only did the owner pick us up at the airport, take us on a city tour, (which included a walk through the public market), take my husband to the pharmacia to buy some medicine but also ended up negotiated a taxi for us the next day to La Ceiba. Great place to stay, no hassles, friendly, all you can eat breakfast-and made to order.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The owner of this hotel Roberto picked us up from the airport himself. He stopped on the way so we could pick up a takeaway Baleada for dinner (we'd got in VERY late) and pick up some cash. He was helpful, kind and I have no doubt that I our experience of Honduras and San Pedro Sula would have been MUCH lesser if we hadn't have met him. The room was HUGE, with a giant TV, aircon and everything else we needed - even the shower was good. Breakfast was really tasty. It's in a really safe part of town so we didn't have any issues walking to the local mall for dinner and Roberto even took us to the market for breakfast before dropping us off to catch our bus to Copan Ruinas. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Thank you so much Roberto, for making Honduras such a magical destination for us. We'll be back!!! Isabelle and Jess.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Guatemala City, Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed last night, I went to have dinner and when i got back someone had enter my room and taken all my money, and credit cards. The door wasn't force and they didn't take anything else.. Is like the knew exactly where my money was. A person even told before I went for dinner to take good care of my money beause the zone was dangerous!!! That is why I only took what I needed for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013
GuacamayaTrip, Gerente at Guacamaya Inn B&B, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We regret the incident that you reported to us. Since you did not put the necessary complaint to the authorities we inform you that we did. We handed the surveillance videos during their inspection and employee statements. We can also guarantee that no hotel employee went near your room. The hotel is located in the safest zone of the city, so is not dangerous as you stated as it can also be vouched by our many satisfied guests. But in light of what occured, we are taking extra security measures. ¨
Roberto F.

Been to Guacamaya Inn B&B? Share your experiences!