We stayed in La Posada for one night in August 2012. We had heard that San Pedro Sula can be a dangerous place so we decided against spending much time there. On arrival we headed straight for Copan Ruinas. However, as our flight home was leaving at 7am, it became clear that we would have to spend one night in San Pedro Sula.
We did some research and decided on La Posada. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. We arrived into the bus station at about 8pm on a bus from La Ceiba (having been to the Bay Islands). We were greeted by a driver from La Posada with a sign with our names and were transported, free of charge, to the hostel.
We booked in for one night and were shown to a nice clean double room with a private bathroom, tv and a/c. Everything was perfect. We needed to get some food. The owner kindly offered to call a local pizza company if we wanted to stay in the hostel. Instead, we decided to walk about four blocks to a large modern shopping centre which had a number of different restaurant options. The following morning we woke at 4am and our taxi was waiting to take us to the airport.
I was quite apprehensive about San Pedro Sula, giving its (somewhat unfair) reputation. However, I have to say that La Posada made everything run very smoothly. I would certainly recommend this place to other travelers.
I have read the one negative review of this place and it simply does not ring true. Firstly, it's highly unlikely that a tourist would spend 6 nights in La Posada. While it is a very well run hostel, SPS is simply a necessary stopping off point, and not a destination. Tourists rarely would have cause to spend more than one night there. I also find it an unlikely destination for somebody visiting family in the area. It is very much geared towards short stay tourists and backpackers. Secondly, what owner would steal "perfumes, shoes, lotions, clothes, jewelry, etc" and hope to get away with it. We left all our belongings in the room for the duration of our stay and had no problems at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Use as a base for trips to Copan Ruins, The Bay Islands, La Ceiba, Tegucigalpa.We are located in a very safe and quiet residential area of San Pedro Sula. Within walking distance you will find the new Galerias del Valle Mall also a varieties of restaurants, bars and night clubs.All rooms have Air Conditioning( San Pedro Sula has a hot and humid climate).The Swimming Pool and the BBQ Area are available until 11:00 pm.Wi-fi and Cable internet access is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Posada B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada Hotel San Pedro Sula
- La Posada Bed And Breakfast