“LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Isabella Boutique Hotel

You added Isabella Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Isabella Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   15th Ave. 8th St. NW | Barrio Los Andes, San Pedro Sula C.A., Honduras   |
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in San Pedro Sula
“LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have had the luxury of staying at the world's top resorts and Hotel Isabella was such a treat. Beautiful decor inside the lobby, restaurant and guest rooms. Very modern with easily accessible and complimentary wi-fi for all your business and personal needs. Every meal that was prepared in their kitchen was delicious!!! Bathrooms are super nice and showers are huge and luxurious. There is also a lovely pool area with a water feature and ample seating for relaxing or a quick meeting. I would highly recommend staying here- great location and very friendly staff. The hotel is family run which is always something I look for when I travel. The owner is a complete sweetheart who donates her time to charity work. She is also extremely acknowledgable about the surrounding areas so feel free to ask her any questions during your stay!!!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
honduras
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times in past years, and have always enjoyed the service, the rooms, and the staff. I have recommended this hotel to MANY people, but no longer. On my most recent stay last week, I noted that the hotel was in desperate need of maintenance--the walls needed painting, the laminated floors were buckling in our room, and the hotel generally looked tired and unkempt. The staff was inattentive, and the kitchen was out of several menu choices. However, the true reason for my poor rating follows: We were asked to change rooms after the first night of our three-night stay, as we were told our room needed maintenance. My husband had had surgery that day, so I had to move all of our luggage down one flight of stairs and up another, without any offer of assistance from staff. In the midst of the move, I left behind a shopping bag full of new clothing I had just purchased. I asked if the bag had been located several times, but was given excuse after excuse. Even after returning home, I called the hotel several times to see if the bag had been located. No bag, no apology. Someone on Isabella's staff is wearing my new Zara wardrobe. I hope they enjoy the stolen goods. I am an Isabella customer no more!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After meeting the owner at a function I thought I would try out the restaurant. So last night I went with a few friends and we had a great meal. We shared some starters; cheese and artichoke fondue which was delightful, shrimp with coconut and tamarind sauce and squid. For main I had Tilapia with a pepper and jalapeno sauce which was divine. My friend had a Greek salad which was a proper Greek salad not always guaranteed in this part of the world and my other friend had a pear and gorgonzola salad; all lovely. Only two areas of improvement; the ambience ( Too bright and no other diners which is a pity considering the quality of the food) and the lack of and quality of the deserts. All in all a great new find in a city which is always crying out for good quality restaurants.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our beds were so soft and comfortable. Their taxi service picked us up at the airport around 1 am when our flight landed. We left our scuba gear in the office while we went to Copan Ruins for a few days. Our gear was safe and sound when we returned before going to Roatan and the staff were very nice. I will stay here again when I come back. Also a huge grocery store 4 blocks away with anything you need. We (2 of us) walked there and back and besides the security guards, they are everywhere (on the street corner, in the grocery store and at the banks), we felt perfectly safe walking during the day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last week I stayed in this hotel. I read on TA that the hotel earns major plaudits for its service and I believe that this is true. The hotel staff were very accommodating and really worked hard to make my stay enjoyable. I paid $116 per night including taxes for the room which is a great deal. The hotel is quiet. My room was large and very nice. The internet worked well except one night it had a few problems but overall no cause for concern. Someone on TA said the hotel was located in a rough area and this may be true but I didn't find it different from any of the other areas in San Pedro Sula. In other words, strolling around SPS at the night it not advisable for any tourist or business person. Other hotels like the Hilton are located on more populated roads but I don't think that makes them any more safe. The hotel cabby was great, the fares reasonable and he really wanted me to see his city. Vilma Chavarria was also very helpful to me. She worked very hard to make my stay a good one and even helped me with my poor Spanish. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that does not face the street but instead faces the pool. Someone told me th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Clinton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Following a trip to Copan Ruins, we only had one night to stay in San Pedro Sula - and the Isabella Boutique Hotel was just the right place. Our group booked three rooms - one was spacious and two were "adequate" - but all were cool and the showers hot. The breakfast that came with the room was excellent. The hotel also helped us book transportation to the airport for a very reasonable fee. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was traveling with a large group of people with the intention of unwinding for a few days after a week-long experience in a more rural part of the country, and picked the hotel based on its TripAdvisor ranking... we ended up paying $125/room, 4 ppl/room with bfast included.

Pros:
- safe and quiet location
- attentive, friendly service from staff and owners
- as noted on other reviews, lovely comfortable beds
- modern, chic decor
- decent food @ breakfast and at restaurant for lunch
- reliable wifi
- shuttle service provided for local transportation to malls and airport, for a reasonable price

Cons:
- curb appeal- looks much nicer and more modern inside!
- restaurant was very pricey (essentially US prices) and very slow, took 45 mins for our group of 12 to get all of our food with noone else at the restaurant
- pool had murky water which smelled slightly sulfurous, not appealing :T though the pool area looked very inviting
- fairly loud street noise heard in room 207, though the hotel's not located on a busy street- window is just not double/triple-paned

Overall, a very cozy, comfortable boutique hotel with great customer service... probably not the best value, but certainly a wonderful choice if you're looking for a unique, more personalized experience than the big chains

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends