“Restaurant Review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Isabella Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Isabella Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Isabella Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   15th Ave. 8th St. NW | Barrio Los Andes, San Pedro Sula C.A., Honduras   |
Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in San Pedro Sula
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“Restaurant Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After meeting the owner at a function I thought I would try out the restaurant. So last night I went with a few friends and we had a great meal. We shared some starters; cheese and artichoke fondue which was delightful, shrimp with coconut and tamarind sauce and squid. For main I had Tilapia with a pepper and jalapeno sauce which was divine. My friend had a Greek salad which was a proper Greek salad not always guaranteed in this part of the world and my other friend had a pear and gorgonzola salad; all lovely. Only two areas of improvement; the ambience ( Too bright and no other diners which is a pity considering the quality of the food) and the lack of and quality of the deserts. All in all a great new find in a city which is always crying out for good quality restaurants.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our beds were so soft and comfortable. Their taxi service picked us up at the airport around 1 am when our flight landed. We left our scuba gear in the office while we went to Copan Ruins for a few days. Our gear was safe and sound when we returned before going to Roatan and the staff were very nice. I will stay here again when I come back. Also a huge grocery store 4 blocks away with anything you need. We (2 of us) walked there and back and besides the security guards, they are everywhere (on the street corner, in the grocery store and at the banks), we felt perfectly safe walking during the day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last week I stayed in this hotel. I read on TA that the hotel earns major plaudits for its service and I believe that this is true. The hotel staff were very accommodating and really worked hard to make my stay enjoyable. I paid $116 per night including taxes for the room which is a great deal. The hotel is quiet. My room was large and very nice. The internet worked well except one night it had a few problems but overall no cause for concern. Someone on TA said the hotel was located in a rough area and this may be true but I didn't find it different from any of the other areas in San Pedro Sula. In other words, strolling around SPS at the night it not advisable for any tourist or business person. Other hotels like the Hilton are located on more populated roads but I don't think that makes them any more safe. The hotel cabby was great, the fares reasonable and he really wanted me to see his city. Vilma Chavarria was also very helpful to me. She worked very hard to make my stay a good one and even helped me with my poor Spanish. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that does not face the street but instead faces the pool. Someone told me th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Clinton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Following a trip to Copan Ruins, we only had one night to stay in San Pedro Sula - and the Isabella Boutique Hotel was just the right place. Our group booked three rooms - one was spacious and two were "adequate" - but all were cool and the showers hot. The breakfast that came with the room was excellent. The hotel also helped us book transportation to the airport for a very reasonable fee. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was traveling with a large group of people with the intention of unwinding for a few days after a week-long experience in a more rural part of the country, and picked the hotel based on its TripAdvisor ranking... we ended up paying $125/room, 4 ppl/room with bfast included.

Pros:
- safe and quiet location
- attentive, friendly service from staff and owners
- as noted on other reviews, lovely comfortable beds
- modern, chic decor
- decent food @ breakfast and at restaurant for lunch
- reliable wifi
- shuttle service provided for local transportation to malls and airport, for a reasonable price

Cons:
- curb appeal- looks much nicer and more modern inside!
- restaurant was very pricey (essentially US prices) and very slow, took 45 mins for our group of 12 to get all of our food with noone else at the restaurant
- pool had murky water which smelled slightly sulfurous, not appealing :T though the pool area looked very inviting
- fairly loud street noise heard in room 207, though the hotel's not located on a busy street- window is just not double/triple-paned

Overall, a very cozy, comfortable boutique hotel with great customer service... probably not the best value, but certainly a wonderful choice if you're looking for a unique, more personalized experience than the big chains

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was traveling solo through San Pedro Sula on route to Roatan. The hotel provided a driver to and from the airport for an additional fee, and he was great. Gave me a little tour on the way to the hotel and was happy to answer any of my questions.
When I arrived, the room wasn't ready, but I was able to sit out by the pool area. The photos make it look a little nicer than it is, but it was nice to have access to fresh air while still at the hotel. The room was really clean and very elegant. The a/c worked well, and the bathroom was nicer than many I've found in the US.
The food at the restaurant was pretty pricey, and I was the only one eating there, but I was too tired to figure out how to get anywhere else. I also needed some bottled water and they didn't have any at the bar or restaurant. Someone went out to get some, which was wonderful; however, they charged me about $2 a bottle. Like many developing countries I have visited, they seem to be trying to figure out how much money they can make. I don't blame them, but it was a little annoying. If you are watching how much you spend, just be aware of the high costs of extras.
Definitely a safe, upscale place.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the 1st floor, right by the reception. As a solo traveler, I was happy to be on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel Isabella is a beautiful boutique hotel in San Pedro Sula with extremely attentive and professional staff, spacious bedrooms with comfortable mattresses, delicious menu and drink offerings, a refreshing pool and poolside seating, as well as other comforts like speedy wifi, laundry services, and dependable air conditioning. Isabella welcomes you and makes you feel like you are in the comfort of your own home, and beyond! I highly recommend Isabella to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Isabella Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!