“Magnific budget hotel with nice staf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jungle River Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Ceiba
Jungle River Lodge
You added Jungle River Lodge to your Saves list
Avenida Morazan | P.O. Box 471, La Ceiba, Honduras   |
Mölnlycke
“Magnific budget hotel with nice staf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed ten days at the hotel to get the jungle feeling. The staf, (special the european girls) were professional. You can help yourself in the bar, with beer and water. The rafting and zipline was exciting. The rooms could have been cleaner, but for that price were it ok. The location of the hotel was great, with a nice view over the river.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Stayed at Jungle River Lodge for 5 days. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
The purpose of our trip was Spanish lessons in the mornings and adventure, hosted by Jungle River Lodge, in the afternoons. The Central America Spanish School teams up with Jungle River Lodge to offer a Wilderness Learning Adventure.
For under $500 USD our accomodations, daily excursions, 3 meals and Private Spanish lessons were all-inclusive, along with transportation.
Our excursions were the highlights of the trip. Zip-lining through the jungle, 4 hour hike in the jungle to a beautiful lagoon to swim under a 100 foot waterfall.
River Rafting in class 1-5 rapids.
Mountain biking. Each activity was well-guided by great staff at Jungle River Lodge.
My only complaint, and why I may not return, is the cleanliness of the rooms.
Bed bugs, cold water, extrememly poor conditions. Much repair needed.
I rather sleep in my tent, in the main lodge area, than sleep in the beds at Jungle River Lodge.
The grounds are amazing to look at, with a man-made pool carved in the huge rocks overlooking the river, 25 feet high.
If you are going for the day for the adventure, than the Jungle River Lodge is worth the trip!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We had the most spartan room I have ever stayed in, no towels, cold water only, plywood floors, latch and padlock for the door. If you are looking for luxurious accommodations, look elsewhere.

If you are looking for a unique place to stay with some really down to earth staff, and the chance to meet great people from around the world, this is it. I very much enjoyed my stay at the Jungle River Lodge. As basic as the accommodations are, there is something so relaxing about hearing the river running all night long. The bar/dining area of the lodge is the place to be in the evening. This is when you really have the chance to mingle with the people here from around the world after everyone is back from their choen activity of the day, which could be the zipline, hiking, rafting, etc. I wish we had stayed longer. The next time I come through Honduras, I will definitely be coming back here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Not sure how anyone could come up with anything but a 5 rating for this place. If you are planning on air conditioning and a 'civilized' experience, maybe you should have stayed at home.
Just got back a few days ago with a couple of friends. Specifically went to this location for a zip line and hang out in the jungle for a day. Staff was VERY nice/friendly, guides were great, views and scenery unreal, an overall great experience. If you are in or around La Ceiba, this place needs to be hit. Plan on spending a 3-4 hours there. Zip line, then a few beers, some fruit and conversation with the staff while viewing an amazing jungle sight. A MUST SEE and very affordable. $45 US for the zip line plus tip. Well worth it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Washougal, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Remember where you are and what you came for. For me, that means that we went to Honduras seeking some scuba diving and jungle adventure. If you are looking for all the creature comforts you had at home, then maybe you should have stayed at home. What we found at the Jungle River Lodge was wonderful, friendly people seeking to accommodate your wishes for as much or as little adventure you may be seeking. Was it the cleanest arrangements? No. But the food was great and the surrounding serenity with the sights and sounds of the river below was top notch. The boys had a great time with the Zip Line tour and I was very OK with just taking the sights and sounds and swimming in the river. Wonderful staff, very accommodating to our time constraints getting us back into La Ceiba so we would not miss our transportation needs.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Hamilton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

This is a great spot deep in the jungle. We stayed in the dorm and it was like camping. Lots of bugs, dirt, etc. That said, it was free with a tour. Nice people work here, and its a good place, just a bit too rough for me.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

During a canopy tour, after failing to connect the safety equipment from being in a hurry to take the next group, the employee plunged to the bottom hitting the ground like a rag doll. At the same time,my wife, connected to the chord and pushed off the ledge by the employee, her life dangled a hundred feet in the air above the canyon. While screaming for her life, she noticed that the manager who had seen her life in danger, was out at the bar. Rather than helping save her life, he turned the music up at the bar so that his guests wouldn't see her screaming or plunge to her death in the canyon. After 20 minutes, I couldn't see her and the screaming ceased...I thought she was dead and wondered how I would explain her death to our son. After being rescued from a heroic employee and brought to the cliff in safety, the same employee, than came back and saved me as I found my wife was still alive.

After the terrifying experience and being shaken up, we than asked the manager for a refund and wondered why he did nothing to save the life of his customer. His response was "Why should the lodge suffer, these things happen".

This was our family vacation adventure experience at the Jungle River Lodge and was very diasppointed in the manager. The one guide was a true hero as he saved both me and my wife. I'll never forget what he did...and what the manager did.

• Liked — Natural surroundings
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jungle River Lodge? Share your experiences!