We booked a Saturday night stay as a getaway trip for the weekend. We are currently living in San Pedro Sula and made the 2 1/2 hour drive to the resort.
The resort was incredible. The grounds of the hotel were amazing. Surrounded by the jungle and great views of the Pico Bonito mountain range. The resort has 2 rivers..one on each side that can be reached through trails.
Our room had a nice queen size bed. 2 Ceiling fans. Balcony/terrance with a hammock. Surrounded by trees and at night it was raining with an nice breeze and sounds of the jungle. Very comfortable.
In the morning was the best time to walk around the hotel grounds to view birds & other animals. The hotel has a butterfly farm that was interesting and a snake display.
The hotel has 2-3 trails that will take you to a river that is nearby. The hike takes as short as 15-20 minutes and another one is about 30-40 minutes. The river is fantastic...refreshing cold water..great views. Although some people pay the hotel for permission to walk/hike to the river... there was nobody there and we enjoyed the river all to ourselves.
Breakfast and dinner was excellent. Although pricey.... We did bring our own snacks and drinks to get our through the day in order to save some costs.
The hotel offers a bunch of trips... however we did some of these on our own since we had a car. Cuero Y Salero was a great day trip that is about 15 minutes away from the hotel to the entrance of this park.
All in all.. i thought this place was a great retreat and escape. I wish i could have stayed another day to fully enjoy the wildlife and take one of the trips to see more of Pico Bonito.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Hotel
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Hotel La Ceiba
- Hotel At Pico Bonito
- At Pico Bonito Hotel
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Honduras/La Ceiba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the foot of the Pico Bonito National Park, The Lodge at Pico Bonito seamlessly combines nature and luxurious comfort. The luxury eco-lodge located on the Caribbean coast of Honduras near La Ceiba is a member ofSmall Luxury Hotels of the World. The Lodge offers the adventure of the outdoors, the beauty of the rainforest, and the personal service and luxury of a boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your The Lodge at Pico Bonito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.