The two nights vacation we had in La-Ceiba was very good. the lodges are located inside the Pico-Bonita preserved rain-forest, where it is possible to see some wild-life.
The rooms are clean and nice and the food in the restaurant is excellent. also, the staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere in the complex is serene and calm.
We took the complementary hike in the jungle and found the guide interesting the funny. also, he had good English, which is sometimes hard to find in Honduras.
However, September might not be the best time to travel due to the rain. The rain probably prevented us from seeing some typical jungle wild-life, like howler monkeys or Tucans.
Also, we found it hard to get use to "sleeping in the wild" - the typical jungle noises might be disturbing.
Lastly, we found it irritating that although the place is prestige, we had to pay for a cup of tea.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Hotel
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Hotel La Ceiba
- Hotel At Pico Bonito
- At Pico Bonito Hotel
- The Lodge At Pico Bonito Honduras/La Ceiba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the foot of the Pico Bonito National Park, The Lodge at Pico Bonito seamlessly combines nature and luxurious comfort. The luxury eco-lodge located on the Caribbean coast of Honduras near La Ceiba is a member ofSmall Luxury Hotels of the World. The Lodge offers the adventure of the outdoors, the beauty of the rainforest, and the personal service and luxury of a boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your The Lodge at Pico Bonito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.