“Best place in La Ceiba!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel El Estadio

You added Hotel El Estadio to your Saves list
Hotel El Estadio
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Las Americas, right next to the city's soccer Stadium, La Ceiba 31101, Honduras   |
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in La Ceiba
La Ceiba, Honduras
“Best place in La Ceiba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I arrived in Honduras at the end of November and leaving tomorrow, for business purposes. I needed a budget hotel that is centrally located, safe and -important- has good Internet. A friend of mine recommended hotel El Estadio.

The hotel is located close to the center of La Ceiba and also in walking distance to La Zona Viva (bars!).
It is very safe; it has a metal gate where you can get a key for and at night they place another lock on it. You have to ring the bell and this prevents that 'unsafe' persons to enter. They also have security cameras all around. I think it is more safe than many luxury hotels where anyone can basically walk in and out.

The room is nice and complete. It has: a/c, 2 fans, fridge, TV, table, chair, closet, bathroom with hot shower. They have wireless Internet and the connection is excellent. They have hammocks on the balcony. The hotel is kept clean. On the ground floor there is an area with tables and a bar where you can hang around. They do not have a kitchen but can provide meals if you want to. They do sell beer!

The staff is friendly and helpful. They were forgiving when I came back in the middle of the night, slightly drunk... They speak English. Peter, the owner, goes all the way to help people out with anything you want e.g. tomorrow I have to catch a bus at 5:15am and Peter will bring me to the bus station, so I don't have to worry about a taxi in the middle of the night.

After living here for almost 3 months the people of the hotel became friends :-)

I can recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a decent place for a very fair price!

Room Tip: They have singe rooms, double rooms, with balcony and dormitories (separate man/woman) as well.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The El Estadio has been my home for the last 3 nights and planing to stay another 2 or more. The price is right and the guys take pride in their little place here. Everyone is very helpful and has taken good care of me. If you need a stop over for a night check El Eatadio out, clean rooms, breakfast and a balcony to people watch. Will be staying here from time to time from now on.

Room Tip: I really like the rooms on the 3 rd floor for the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Peter and his team at Hotel El Estadio are fabulous!! I stayed here twice, before going to the Bay Islands and on the way to Nicaragua. The hotel is clean and the staff are always going out of their way to help in anyway they can! Peter is very knowledgable about the area, making everything that little bit easier. It's a safe and secure building and Peter is happy to taxi people for a small fare to Ferrys and bus stops when he can.
I highly recommend this place particularly as a solo traveller they make you feel very welcome and at home!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed just 1 night in 4 bed private. Room was very small, I mean it, very very small. Staff was helpful, host helped us to arrange everything we needed. For additional fee we had tasty breakfast. Good choice for 1 night - reasonable price, clean and safe place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a great stay. The place is clean and Peter, the owner is really helpfull. He help us book our rafting trip and drive us to the hot spring. he also drive us for a cheap price to the ferry and to the bus station. i really recommand this place !

Room Tip: room number 5 and more Windows !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For a night to go to utila or Roatan the day after, this hostel is a really good place to Stay in!

Nice homemade breakfest, really good cleanliness, and the staff is really convenient for all you will need! They organise transport from and to everywhere and everytime in La Ceiba, even to San Perdo Sula Airport! I spent 2 night there, one to go to utila and the other on my way back home. First I had to go to the dock to take the ferry to Utila, but the ATM there didn't work so we did a "city tour" to find a ATM compatible with my card...

On my way back home, they took me to the bus station at 4:45 AM!

I recommand it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I ended up spending a little more time in La Ceiba than I had planned but I am glad I ended up here. The rooms are great with everything you need. Peter is a very knowledgeable host and can get you set up with just about anything you want to do. It is a very safe environment as the entrance is always locked and monitored. I definitely plan on staying here again the next time I come through La Ceiba. Go see Peter at Hotel El Estadio and you will not regret it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo