“Best budget hotel in La Ceiba” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel El Estadio

You added Hotel El Estadio to your Saves list
Hotel El Estadio
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Las Americas, right next to the city's soccer Stadium, La Ceiba 31101, Honduras   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in La Ceiba
La Ceiba, Honduras
“Best budget hotel in La Ceiba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

It is a safe, secure, and centrally located. Just a few minutes walk from the beach and the night life. There are many nice cafes nearby. I stayed in the 4 person dorms. The beds were some of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on in a hostel. The bathrooms are a little crapped but clean enough. Peter is awesome! He runs the hotel and will help you with any questions you might have. You can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the common area downstairs for a very reasonable price. Peter will arrange for you any tour you are interested in doing. I am going to stay here again on Jan 31st. Best budget place to stay in La Ceiba hands down.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple. The private rooms look really nice. If you are solo stay in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's no surprise that La Ceiba isn't the nicest of places. But you can feel assured and safe at Hotel El Estadio. It's a budget hotel and is unapologetic about that but it's still good value.

It's generally not recommended to walk around La Ceiba at night however there is a restaurant 'Victorias' just a block away and tasty food can be brought back to the hotel.

The room we had had softish mattresses and pillows but was none the less comfortable. Fans kept the air moving, there was cable television and plenty of balcony space for us to use had we had the time. As most people tend to spend only a night in La Ceiba in order to catch the early ferrys in the morning, it can be a busy place to stay in the mornings. And I wouldn't recommend the breakfast.

The owner drove us to the ferry port and was great company. He really does work hard to keep the place running and he was pivotal to our enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I will do my best to be unbiased, as I go to this hostel everytime I travel through La Ceiba, as do most of my friends on Utila, for the cheap rooms and awesome service (pick-ups, drop offs, food) of our friend Peter. I have never been blown away by the beauty or vibe of any hostel or hotel in the city of La Ceiba, and El Estadio is no exception. HOWEVER, if you want to stay in decent rooms with fans, ac, tv, hot water showers, GREAT Wi-fi and great security accompanied by no worries travel- thanks to Peter's kindness and honesty, go here. He will always be there to pick you up, get you to hedman alas, the ferry, your flight, a nice restaurant, la zona viva, central park, wherever you need and whatever you need, on time and with breakfast ready!

For the backpacker price, I will definitely continue to stay here due to its convenient location from everywhere really, and the no worries traveling that Peter facilitates! Perfect place while in transit or to pass a few days in the city of La Ceiba!

• Stayed January 2013
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Bad points:
Poo stain on sheets ( manager said it was iron stain) the sheets were very worn and ripped;
Dirty shower;
Confusion about pick up - we called using a uk roaming phone to arrange pick up from headman alas bus station which Peter agreed too. He offered to pick us in person and specifically said not to get in a taxi with others who may ate us elsewhere and say he was closed or full. We followed this instruction and when a taxi apprached us we refused. It turned out Peter was unwell and sent someone else without telling us. ( we understand this).
Overpriced. The place needs soul. It is like an abAndoned ship! Could be ok with the right staff.
Currently $26usd - should be not more than $ 15usd in my view. This is double occupancy private room.

Good point

I complained as above and we were told there was no charge for the night we stayed.
We only paid 80 lps for the taxi there.

Room Tip: Top floor is likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I arrived at the airport I was greeted by the owner Peter; I had requested to be picked up and he was on time and very friendly. We went back to the hostel and I stayed in room 8 on the third floor; the wifi signal was great - I could skype with family and colleagues, which was quite important as I am here during the holidays for work. I had a spare day so Peter connected me with a white water rafting trip that was quite amazing ( he has many useful connections throughout the area). I had to leave for Trujillo for the work portion of my trip and Peter hooked me up with a discount at Econo rent a car which will surely keep my clients happy. Peter is from Boston so there are no significant cultural barriers; as a north american he served as a great asset in learning about Honduras and starting my travels running.

Cheers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
San Pedro Sula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very good choice overall. We were picked up from bus station at night by owner, as well as driven to the ferry terminal the next morning, both on the house. Very grateful for this and to avoid the hassle of taking a taxi. Location was interesting as it was literally next to the stadium, but didn't matter too much as we were leaving the next morning. Inside of the hotel was quite nice and surpassed my expectations. Room was good, as was bathroom. Although meals were tasty, they were a bit too pricey for my taste and for what they were. For $7, can get a heaping plate at a semi fancy restaurant in San Pedro Sula. But like I said, it was very tasty and no one put a gun to our head and forced us to eat there. It is a shame we didn't get to spend more time in La Ceiba, but I would highly recommend this hotel whether you are staying for only a night or a whole week.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

After arriving in La Ceiba we had time to stop into a few hotels before picking a resting spot. First impressions are important, and Hotel El Estadio stood out for 2 reasons. The full bar in the lobby and 2pac playing on the radio. Rooms were clean and we stayed comfortably 2 nights with 3 travelers in a room with one bed . Safe, balcony with view, very close to restaurants and bars, right near a convenience store, and cooked breakfast. After meeting the owner, Peter, we knew this was the a great choice. He connected us with local white water rafting, hiking, snorkeling, scuba, transportation and everything in between. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel El Estadio? Share your experiences!