“Chillax to da Max!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Found

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Ceiba
Paradise Found
Ranked #4 of 28 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Gainesville, Florida
“Chillax to da Max!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you want to go to a beautiful exotic location and experience a wonderful cultural exchange, I would encourage you to consider going to Paradise Found out on Sambo Creek in La Ceiba Honduras. There you will find one of the funkiest little spots out on the beach to chillax and hang out with some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The food is fabulous, the scenery is fantastic, but the hosts and the people surrounding them are what really makes this place special. Dante, Kristin and Mike provide a great atmosphere and they are dedicated to helping you relax and enjoy the rich culture that IS Honduras. Some things to remember about this place:
- Honduras is a developing country, so you will not be stepping in to the Ritz Carlton. Paradise Found is a simply stated place with clean rooms, hot showers and AC that worked well. We did have some difficulty with electricity and WiFi, but the drinks stayed cold and we really didn't come down for an internet connection - the best stuff to do is outside anyway. People here are not as fortunate as the rest of the world with financial resources, but I am convinced they are happier than most of the people in the (over) developed world. You read about crime in Honduras, and yes, you will see armed police at the airport and on the road. However I never once felt threatened, and our hosts made sure we had rides to and from anywhere we wanted to go. We even spent a morning walking through the barrio down on Sambo Creek talking with locals and they were friendly and very giving of what they had - amazingly friendly.

-Hand-crafted experience. Dante Kristin, Mike and the rest of their local staff are dedicated to providing you with an amazing time - all you have to do is ask. What do you want for dinner? When do you want to eat? Need a drink? Just say the word - heck, they may even let you join them in the market and pick out your fish if you're up for the ride! Cocount encrusted hogfish with Dante's own tartar sauce was the [--]... Dante knows everyone around and can get you hooked up with snorkeling, rafting, hot springs, fishing - just ask and tell him when you want to go. Kristin is the chief attitude adjuster - hand her your money and she will make it work for all your food and drink stuff. Follow her lead and she will show you how to chill Honduran style. Mike is the utility player that makes it all go smoothly - the quiet one, he is never imposing but he is always there when you need something. I think he has mental telepathy, but in a very good way.

The community: Together, these people have the whole community of Sambo Creek supporting them. They are good patrons of the local people and they have worked hard to understand how to co-exist well in this community. They provide employment, food and shelter and other opportunities that other less-thoughtful people would certainly neglect - and it's all just another day in Sambo Creek for the folks at Paradise Found.

All things said - this was one of the best getaways I have had in a long long time. I will be back to Paradise Found as soon as I can break away from the hustle and bustle for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Hosting the DaveClark4 was nothing less than our pleasure. Glad you enjoyed the beautiful flora and fauna that Honduras has to offer. The locals STILL talk about the "muy importante" Gringos who are going to return to help them become more proficient at gardening/harvesting/subsisting on their limited spaces, as well as limited budgets. Many are preparing areas for "eco-zones"; praying you'll come back soon. We know you will!

Until then Hermano,

Dante', Kristin & Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We spent 3 nights there. We were helped in everything we wanted to do, to a degree even pampered! We were fed delicious food and treated like members of the family. The place itself is in the perfect location to explore Cayos Cochinos and the people organizing the trip are super professional and very safety aware. And the trip to the hot-springs is a must, along with the mud bath!
My only very minor complaint is that prices for rooms are high for a backpacker...still, compared to next door competitors, the best value for money.
We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here in November of 2011 and really enjoyed myself. As all the other visitors mentioned, Dante and his wife are extremely hospitable. Dante arranged for me to go ziplining and for my transportation from the hotel back to La Ceiba. The only thing I would recommend to a visitor would be to try to get into one of the newer rooms. I was placed in an older room and the upkeep was a little less than impressive. I'd been looking forward to just relaxing in a nice clean room and watching some TV as I'd been staying in hostels for 9 days prior to my stay at Paradise Found, so I was disappointed that the TV did not work. The toilet constantly ran all night despite my attempts to jiggle the handle, and there was an off-putting mossy vine running up alongside the wall that turned me off. So overall, I enjoyed my stay - I just wished that the room would've been kept up a little better.

Room Tip: Choose a newer room (I believe on the left side of the garage)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your review and input concerning your visit with us. I inspected the toilet, and indeed, the chain connecting the handle and flushing mechanism had indeed fallen off. Simple one- minute fix, (had you informed us immediately, it would not have run all night). The cable TV and high-speed internet is ALWAYS payed in advance, however, it is beyond our control when it "doesn't work"...... very common in Honduras. Someone must've stolen the "off-putting mossy vine" as neither myself or the staff were able locate it to have it removed. SO glad you had a great time overall, that is our ultimate goal.
All the Best,

Dante'
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

6 adults ran from the winter cold to Honduras, and spent 3 nights at Paradise Found.
I booked our rooms via email. Dante was quick to respond and organized our rooms and rates well. He hooked us up with some tour recommendations. A couple of weeks before we arrived he emailed to ask if our group had any dietary requirements or restrictions so he could make certain they could accommodate special requests. I thought that extra consideration was very impressive!
We rented all 4 rooms and were pleased with them overall. They were small but very clean. The a/c worked great, as did the showers, and the beds were really comfy. They are a great value.
We hung out in the palapa many hours and it was lots of fun. Dante and Kristen are really friendly and attentive. It was like staying with your favorite cousin.
The food was fabulous. Dante made pork tenderloin one night that was melt in your mouth, and the home made salsa and burgers were fantastic.
We took a day trip to Cayos Cuchinos, and our guide, Tony, was wonderful. We saw lots of interesting islands, people, and fish. I would highly recommend a boat trip with Tony.
While not super fancy, Paradise Found has a great vibe. It was incredibly relaxing and a great getaway, and again, a wonderful value. Thanks Kristen and Dante!

• Stayed February 2012
WelingtonNZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

This really is a great place and a real treat for me. I stayed here for two nights and loved it. Dante and Kristin are fun and friendly hosts that allow you to relax but are great company at the same time, they go out of their way to make everyone feel at home. The food is tasty and plentiful. Make sure you are in the lovely bar/restaurant in time to catch the sunsets!

• Stayed June 2012
Pahoa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I went to Utila. I went to Roatan. And fortunately, I left. They are overbuilt, filled with tourists even in the low season, along with the boom-boom-boom of bar music and over-priced restaurants. If that's your thing, well then, go right ahead. But I'm telling you, you won't find anything there that compares to Paradise Found in Sambo Creek, just fifteen minutes outside of La Ceiba.

Here's what you'll find here:

Gorgeous, pristine beach with no garbage, no people, no nothing except gorgeous white sand where you can walk for miles.

Close to Cayos Cochinos for diving, snorkeling and more.

Lovely, friendly Garifuna community of Sambo Creek just minutes down the beach.

Welcoming, accommodating service of Dante and Kristen like you will find nowhere else. I know, I've traveled tons and it's like arriving at home away from home.

Excellent food made to order - whatever you want, they will try to make it happen.

Oh, and did I mention the gorgeous beach - absolutely stunning! (Utila has no real beaches and Roatan's are filled with hotels, restaurants and the road with blaring vehicle and bar noises that run right along it - not my idea of a great beach scene.)

Spectacular sunsets. My first rainbow of three months in Central America yesterday and it was a double rainbow! Pretty frequent in these parts, I hear.

Nearby is rafting, hiking, hot springs, so much to do. Or not - just hang in the hammock overlooking the sea if that's your thing.

Let me say it again - I think the glory days of the Bay Islands are long past. This is travel off the beaten path and yet with all the comforts and amenities that you could possibly want.

And again, I must say, the hospitality is over-the-top in the best of ways - outstanding location, friendly hosts, small, boutique place and awesome food - there's nothing else I could possibly want here!

What are you waiting for - get over to Paradise Found and you'll find out why they named it!

Dante` and Kristen, many, many thanks for your incredible hospitality. I've had a blast! I'll be back - but you know that already!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
We miss you already! Thank you for the most excellent conversations about your travels around the globe. We'll always think of you when we listen to the hundreds of albums worth of music you gave us; PRICELESS! Being a Psychiatrist, I'm sure you know I'm insane and can use your help; therefore I'm sure you'll be back soon! Enjoy SanFran.......

All the Best,

Dante'
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 3 days at Paradise Found in March 2012. Dante and Kristen were incredibly accommodating, and the food ranks amongst top 5 we have ever had. We learned how to play darts, sang karaoke, and dined on delicious burgers. We would recommend this for anyone and everyone. The only suggestion for improvement we have is the rooms could be a little better kept, but they were still well within reason and clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Found? Share your experiences!