“Incredible -- You Need to Stay Here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Found

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Ceiba
Paradise Found
You added Paradise Found to your Saves list
19 Sambo Creek, La Ceiba, Honduras   |
Ranked #4 of 29 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Incredible -- You Need to Stay Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was traveling through Honduras with three friends and we decided to stay in Sambo Creek for a few days. We soon found ourselves in love with Paradise Found, their food, hospitality and incredible owners Dante and Kristen. They were doing some remodeling during the time so Im sure its even better now! We got to go scuba diving with Tony (the local dive master who operates out of Paradise Found who is awesome) in Cayos Cochinos which was the experience of a lifetime, especially when getting to visit the native people who live out in the middle of the ocean. After diving, we would always come back to the Paradise Found Beach Hut which is a great place to wind the day down to say the least. It is a giant hut about 15 feet off the ground with hammocks, music, drinks, and just pure relaxing awesome times. We would hang with Kristen and Dante who are the coolest and nicest people ever who make sure you are as comfortable as possible. We would eat their DELICIOUS food (the burger is massive and the lasagna is a specialty) and drink while watching the sunset. We found ourselves staying there late into the night with a couple other people staying there, the owners and Tony, our divemaster. All in all, Sambo Creek, diving at Cayos Cochinos, and Paradise Found were definitely the hidden gem of the trip. It is a MUST DO if you are in the area. I need to visit again, ASAP. Hope everything is going well for you you, Dante and Kristen!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank You for the Rave review! We had a blast as well. Hope you do make it back soon!

Cheers,

Dante & Kristin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I just visited Honduras & Roatan. We had a great time at PF! Dante, Kristen and Mike took excellent care of us. The food, conversation and insight into Honduran life is amazing. The view from the bar/restaurant is amazing! My one regret... we had to leave BEFORE I had a chance to have one of Dante's legendary burgers! Be assured, this is the most laid back, stress free place on the coast of Honduras! It's not the Hilton and we are thankful for that!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We REALLY enjoyed your company and are looking forward to your return!

All the Best,

Dante'
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Me and some friends stayed at PF in February 2012. Dante and Kristen were very welcoming and made you feel right at home. PF is very laid back and relaxing, so laid back that you were welcome to get your own drinks behind the bar and write down or tell Dante and Kristen what you had. The food was very good, especially the burger and the homemade guacamole, salsa, and chips. I highly recommend these!
Tony took us on a Cayo Cochinos tour one day and that was my favorite day we had there. The islands were beautiful and the snorkling was great! He let us pick what we wanted to do and where we wanted to go, with some recommendations from him, and it was a perfect day! He filled up a cooler full of beer for us and basically went island hopping! Perfect! Thanks Tony! Dante was going to take us to the hot springs the next day, but it rained all day and we couldn't go. Was disappointing, but instead we relaxed in the tiki hut at PF all day, which wasn't so bad either.
The rooms were basic, but you had what you needed. The only thing I suggest was that there be filtered water in all of the rooms to drink and brush your teeth with, since it was recommended you not use the tap water. We just went next door and got water out of our friends rooms who had filtered water.
All in all it was a great experience. Very laid back and relaxing!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Vacationing near Sambo Creek, we had heard lots of recommendations to Paradise Found, not only from other vacationers but the locals as well. We stopped at P.F for lunch, on our last day in Honduras, and we are so glad that we did. The restaurant is charming, with beautiful local craftsmanship and a breathtaking view of the ocean and the island of Cayos Cochinos. Kristen and Dante welcomed us right away, made us feel very comfortable, and like friends right from the beginning.

The food was amazing, my brother had Dante's burger (which I am very surprised he could even finish) and says that it's one of the bests he'd ever have. My dad had the blackened tuna, which was cooked to perfection and very fresh. Being vegetarian myself, typically my options are very limited at restaurants (mostly salads), however after telling Dante, he was able to come up with many creative vegetarian and vegan options for me to have, and I was incredibly impressed by the number of vegetables in my delicious pasta ! They put a lot of love into their food, and it shows. Dante and Kristen seem very inspired by ingredients, striving to have fresh ingredients by picking up produce daily or every other day, and even tending to a garden to grow their own produce !

After our meals, we continued to talk with them, enjoying the view and my coconut with rum that was fresh off the tree from the bar. They were able to provide us with a lot of information about the country, local attractions, and lots of laughs! In the future, I hope to return to Honduras, and stay at P.F to enjoy Kristen and Dante's company, hospitality and inspiration for life ! Thank you for creating the perfect ending to our family vacation

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Initially intended on spending only 3 nights with Dante and Kristen but ended up staying a fourth. My girlfriend and I had an absolute blast. Diane and Kristen are incredibly warm and welcoming, it felt like we were staying with family, despite not knowing either of them at all! Even the rooms, clean, cozy, welcoming, felt like we were staying in our bedrooms and not renting a room for the night.

We spent 4 great days there hiking, ziplining, snorkeling, all which Dante arranged at no extra cost. PF is right on the beach and its a beautiful place to enjoy a sunrise, sunset, and eat some of Dante's great cooking (try the calamari).

Dante/Kristen, thank you very much for everything

DP + BK

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband and I visited the Bay Islands in Honduras over Christmas 2011 and stayed at Paradise Found for two nights, one night at either end of a visit to Cayos Cochinos. We had the same room each time, a room which I think was not their best room. It was very sparse, with only a single sheet to sleep under and the first night we had only one towel for two of us but it was clean. There was one frosted-glass window that opened onto the parking area and had no screen to keep out mosquitoes, plus there was a bright yellow security light that shone right into our room.

The hosts are an unusual couple, to say the least, but they are very warm and friendly and do their best to make you comfortable. I'm not sure why everyone raves about the food but I guess it's because the host tries very hard. It's certainly decent fare but nothing extraordinary.

The bar is very nice and the view on the beach is great. We didn't do any touring around with the hosts but they do offer this as an extra service. I'm kind of glad we didn't because both days we were there, his vehicles had something wrong with them and he'd nearly been stranded with his guests onboard off in some jungle somewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
I apologize for the one towel and sheet. All you needed to do was ASK. We have quality comforters available as well. You opted for the basic room, we have two and they are less than 4 months old. New pillow-top mattresses and new air conditioning units. Don't know what to say about the food, it's unfortunate you were dissappointed. We cater to Vegans, vegetarians and folks with various food allergies. As for the touring....I have NEVER charged anyone for that service in 4 years. The diesel landcruiser has NEVER stranded anyone, anywhere, EVER. Yes it does need maintenance as we drive it offroad , in the rivers and up in the mountains. When you were here we had taken a rock into the radiator and the truck was running hot until after the holidays. Again, sorry you were disappointed in your stay. Don't understand why you came back and stayed again????
Durango, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My second stay in 2 years with the same laid back atmosphere and warm hospitality. Your hosts will make you feel like family, gorgeous views, right on the ocean, awesome food, and an awesome outside bar right on the water's edge.

Room Tip: my room had an ocean view and the sounds of the waves all night long...awesome!