Things you should know - It is far away from the main town, anything you want to use, or eat you should buy before you head over to Villas Pico Bonito. There is no mini bar and the restaurant isn't always open so take snacks!!!!
The good - OMG this place is gorgeous. You are far away from everything, and the locale is beautifully kept up. You feel like you stepped into a beautiful peaceful jungle. The infinity pool is a definite plus, with a breathtaking view. The rooms are very clean. Richard the owner is very very nice and likes to talk to the guests which makes it feel homey. Prices are great. There is internet at the pool which is nice, however it did not reach our room which was a bummer. I believe that if you are in some of the bigger cabins you get internet however.
The bad - We drove in from the main city Ceiba and did not realize how far the lodge is. There are no signs ANYWHERE indicating that you are going in the right direction. So be aware, you will be driving for quite a while on unpaved roads. Once we got to the locale, we were told that the restaurant wasn't open, so do yourself a favor and find out is the restaurant is going to be open. If not bring food!!!!! There is a restaurant about 2 miles out which had good food so it wasn't the end of the world.
Side point- Be aware that there are also a lot of bugs around.This is due to the fact that you are in the MIDDLE OF THE JUNGLE lol. While you are sleeping you will hear geccos and you will also hear the river. We did the hike of the Pico Bonito mountain. I am a wimp, and it took us about 5 1/2 hours round trip, though they say you can do it in 3 hours. The hike is nice though a little repetitive, and the waterfall at the top is nothing mind blowing. Normally you cant get under the waterfall unless you are willing to climb some very slippery rocks, which I did, however i earned a lot of bruises doing so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Pico Bonito, Jungle Eco-Resort situated on the most beautiful part of the Rio Cangrejal, in the awesome Pico Bonito National Park, with spectacular vistas of jungle covered cliffs, opposite the largest waterfall on the river, El Bejuco. Villas Pico Bonito offers self catered homes with full kitchens, nicely appointed rooms and comfortable beds. In addition we have the Hidden Paradise restaurant for your convenience if you wish. Welcome to our Eco Lodge in the jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Villas Pico Bonito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Pico Bonito Hotel La Ceiba
- Villas Pico Bonito Honduras/La Ceiba