“Great food!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terraza

La Terraza
Centroamerica St. Inside Casa Villamil, one block north(up) from the central square (Calle Centroamericana, 1cdr, Copan, Honduras
+504 2651-4097
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 32 Restaurants in Copan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great rooftop terrace, open at 2:00pm - lunch and dinner. Bills itself as "Fresh Food and Bar." Reasonable prices. Definitely should be on restaurant list; interesting option for Copan.
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The place, food and service are nice without a doubt! Me and my husband had the best meal here during our whole stay in Copan! There is a menu which varies every day, the food is cooked with natural ingridients! The prices are a little higher than the other restaurants in copan but you get what you paid for!

Brisbane, Australia
“Beef cacao ... Oh my god!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

What an unexpected delight to stumble upon this amazing rooftop restaurant. Having spent the past six months in Central America, I can say without hesitation that the variety and quality of cuisine offered at La Teressa is outstanding and the best culinary experience I have had here. The team were incredibly informative and happy to thoroughly describe the meals and adapt the menu to our desire.

5 stars for sure!

Portland, Oregon
“10 stars!! La Terazza has something for everyone! :o)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

What an awesome place! La Terraza has a little bit of everything and something for every budget- food prices range from about $4-5 for a plate for appetizers or a simple sandwich to $25 for a full 4 or 5 course meal (only available one or two nights a week, I think?), the likes of which you have probably not eaten (for so cheaply, at least!) in your life! The chef is absolutely AMAZING (someone told me he's the only "true" chef in town and I guess he studied in France or something?) and every time I ate there I was blown away by the flavor combinations he used.

Drinks are $2-5 depending on how fancy you want 'em, and they have 2 for 1 happy hour every day (though they're closed on Mondays) from 4-6 pm. The passionfruit margaritas that someone else mentioned ARE INCREDIBLE and they were doing a special on them when I was there; at $2.50 each they are a great deal and they're so delicious that it's hard to stop ordering them! But don't miss the mudslides or the piña coladas, both of which are also out of this world!

They have coffee and small snacky-type stuff there too, like biscotti and sweet breads, not to mention the best sandwiches I've had outside of the US (on this amazing ciabatta bread with sun-dried tomatoes that they bake in house! Get one with pesto and you will SOOO not be disappointed!!!) so you can stop there in the morning before you head out on a tour or a hike and grab a coffee and some food for the road.

As someone else mentioned, the view from the rooftop is (I think!) the best in town- a great place to watch the sun set, if it's not raining! If it IS raining, they have a really cool little lounge area downstairs, and they're open until 10 pm on weekdays and 12 pm on Friday and Saturday nights. Unfortunately, most of the time they don't open until like 2 pm but during the high seasons (end of June through August, Christmas and Easter) they are open at 10 am. SOOO glad I was there during the high season so I could take full advantage of everything this awesome place has to offer!

I probably should have splurged for an actual dinner there but I'm cheap so I went for happy hour and got appetizers basically every time I was there. Lol and dessert. :D Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Sunday BBQ is AWESOME! I got a burger and my friend got the chicken and we split them (didn't have my camera that day, sorry!) so we each could try both and they were both phenomenal!!! Each cost like $7 or 8 and came with soup and fries- it would have been plenty for two people, really.

• Visited June 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent cocktails and a variety of comida.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was in Copan with a large medical group and we stumbled on this restaurant in the afternoon just in time to catch their happy hour. The cocktails are very well made (including the best pina colada I have ever had in my life), The view from the top of the building is incredible. You can see a large area of Copan as well as the mountains in the distance, it's really quite a setting. The prices are great, and much of the food on the menu comes from local sources, which helps to ensure the freshest possible food. We had a great time, and the chef was happy to answer all of our questions. It was a great experience.

Visited June 2012
Liberty
“Seek out this little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Happy hour in the afternoon! 2 for 1 drinks....a drink costs about $4. Pina Coladas made with fresh pineapple. mojitos with fresh mint and lime, passion fruit margartia with fresh fruit....it's a little slice of heaven. Make your way up to the roof for a beautiful view of Copan. Not open for breakfast in the off season, but they purchase local foods and grow a lot of their own.

• Visited June 2012