“best hostel in copan.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Via Via Copan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Copan
Hotel Via Via Copan
You added Hotel Via Via Copan to your Saves list
Barrio El Centro 1 1/2 Cuadra del Parque Central, Copan, Honduras   |
london
“best hostel in copan.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

this was one of very few highlights on our trip in honduras and i would highly recommend it. the food is great, staff lovely and they do salsa and movie nights. the finca del cisne tour is brilliant, you shoulod definately do it if you stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I'm a very easy-going traveler. After 3 months of traveling through South and Central America, I really feel like I had only one TERRIBLE experience. Via Via, like everywhere else organizes excursions or shuttles to different cities.

I tried to send them the following explanation below and to see if I could get my money back. Maybe I'm crazy but I felt it was deserved. After multiples attempts, I heard back from "Gerardo" who really didn't address my concerns. He explained how the person that we dealt had been fired (not my concern nor wish). I asked again multiple times for my money back or to even discuss it and never heard anything.

My fiancé and I purchased two "shuttle" tickets for $39US each yesterday (7 December) from Via Via to Tikal. Although I confirmed with the girl working behind the bar that sold me the tickets that this was 1.) door to door, 2.) arriving in Flores, 3.) the driver was English/Spanish speaking and 4.) he would help us proceed over the border, the following took place;

Our driver did not speak any English and we were taken by shuttle to the border where when I asked which office or window we needed to go to first, he responded, "A Guatemala". Once we got ourselves through both border controls, he pulled over on the side of the road near Rio honda (Rt 9 and Rt 10 intersection) at a bus stop and told us to get out and wait for the next bus in an hr. He purchased our tickets and rushed away, leaving us on the side of the road. 2 hours later, an old, 3rd-class bus arrived, was extremely crowded with even the aisle crowded. After the bus broke down a few hours later and we were waiting for it to be fixed, the driver told me we weren't going into Flores but instead to santa Elena. We were told that the trip would take 8 hrs and it took closer to 11.

I understand travel delays and last minute changes. I can handle things going wrong, misunderstandings, etc. The problem is I was sold and purchased a shuttle bus to Flores, not a shuttle with a below-economy bus transfer to Santa Elena. if I wanted to navigate the bus system, I would've done so for a whole lot cheaper.

I put my trust in Via Via and i feel like they took advantage of my inexperience in Hond/Guat. In all honesty, I feel like was ripped off, as if I had been pick-pocketed.

I'd like to ask Via Via to refund my payment in full for $78US. This was an awful experience and I feel the driver and thus Via Via is responsible. I feel that I did not receive the service I was sold.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

You will find no better place to stay than Via Via. Cool place, good music, good food and best crowd in Copan. If only each tourist destination had its Gerdt! The guy is amazing: he will assit you on anything you need and make you visiting experience so much richer.

Merci pour tout, mon ami

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

overall had a wonderful stay at Via Via. The staff were extremely friendly and had a lot of great information to offer. I highly recommend it. The food in the restaurant there is all delicious too and well priced, one of the best salads i've had in Central America. Definitely a great stay and must visit at least for the cafe!

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

"But its also a great place to get stuck..." says my copaneco hermano!!! I agree!!! Stayed for 3 weeks while I attended a local spanish school and had a hard time leaving! The rooms are clean and comfortable and include private bathrooms for an amazing price, and the staff was AMAZING!!! Because they cater to tourists from all over the world, the menu is diverse, but still offers a local menu with a fusion flare. If you are a dog lover...you'll appreciate that there is a special place in their hearts for the homeless dogs that roam the streets there! Wifi is also available... movie and salsa nites add a special touch!!! SUCH A GREAT VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR... AND THE COST OF FRIENDSHIP IS PRICELESS!!!

Room Tip: Each room is off of a lush courtyard... and each has their own private bath!