“EXCELLENT Food & Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Copan
Cuisines: European
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Over looking the lush mountains, upstairs from copan connections for all you travel info. Up scale, but with a backpackers special every night ranging from $6 / $10Great for group bookings and parts.2 for 1 cocktail from 3 till 6, and good food specials. Great for birthday party's, order a home made cake from Tanya. Good music and football games.We're now open on Sundays, and for lunch Tuesday to Saturday.
Roatan, Honduras
“EXCELLENT Food & Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I go to Copan a couple of times a year. I find it one of the most relaxing places in the world. I always go to Twisted Tanya's at least once and usually a couple of times each visit. Tanya and Garnell have been doing great food for years. It's one of the most fun places you can visit!

• Visited July 2014

Ashbourne, Ireland
“Don't do it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went here as part of a group of 7 after looking at reviews on lonely planet expecting good things.
We were really let down.
Although they do advertise a backpackers menu for cheap prices,the portion sizes are tiny -especially the salad option as a main course. You'll be hungry leaving.
This,however, took a back seat compared to the horrendous service.
4 of the group had ordered off the backpacker menu and had eaten their starter and main before the first pizza was brought out. We then had to wait ANOTHER 25 minutes before the next pizza. After an hour and a half of waiting for the 3rd pizza one of our group decided she didn't want it as it had taken so long. When she explained this ,instead of apologising,the waitress responded 'that's fine' before coming out with the pizza and giving it,free,to a group of men known by the staff...when I asked for the owner I was told to go into the kitchen to speak to him where he barely offered an apology,telling me the waitress was his best.
Good service starts from the top down and the waitress was obviously mirroring the poor, unfriendly attitude of the owner. Average food with one of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.
Not impressed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
noball, Owner at Twisted Tanya's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We try and we try, just not good enought for some people, FREE EVERYTHING would be the way too go. Sorry you had to wait, some days it's just really busy. And we only have one oven for these huge pizza specials. Fast food in always available on the street. I'm sure we just try harder for the fast food crowd. But we do cook fresh food as orderd, and I really don't want to do a rush job, not our style.
Have a great trip, but stick to the fast food places for less stress!
Thanks for coming Tanya
Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua
“Good vibes and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The owner was friendly and the food was so good!! A bit pricey but if you like to treat yourself once in a while I'd say you won't regret it... I'm a backpacker on a budget but sometimes i need a quick break from street food. The food was creative, delicious and worth a try. The atmosphere was chill and I heard some hip hop which it's been a while.

• Visited June 2014
“Good meal and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food is ok, non-native, European fair. The price is high and may not be worth it. The drinks are good and the brownie and ice cream is a must for dessert.

Ottawa, Canada
“One of the best meals we had on our month long adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My sister and I spent a month backpacking Central America this spring, and we fondly talked about the meal we had at Twisted Tanya's (most often while suffering beans and rice on the road). We picked off of the set backpacker menu - of which there are many different combinations (I think there were 4). There was also a happy hour menu of drinks - which I suggest if you like very strong, and very well made drinks.

We both started with soup (I believe it was potato leak) with an amazing fresh bun. My main was chicken with a creamy asparagus-type sauce that our waiter told us was a local specialty. It was devine - seriously. My sister had a pasta with a scratch sauce, if I remember correctly. Dessert was another perfect course of layered carrot cake.

Our waiter was phenomenal, and provided what was probably the best service we experienced at home or abroad. He had perfect timing, was friendly but not intrusive, and you could tell he cared about what was being served. I believe the owner was there was well, and she was warm and welcoming and asked us how the food was as we headed out. The restaurant was cute, and personal with a great vibe and a comfortable atmosphere. It was a pleasure eating there, and I do not hesitate to suggest the restaurant as somewhere to stop in Copan.

• Visited May 2014