“Probably the nicest hotel in Copan!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copan
Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel
You added Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Calle la Independencia | Barrio el Centro, Copan, Honduras   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Copan
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Probably the nicest hotel in Copan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I had an excellent stay in Yat B'alam beginning with the first impression (decor and quaintness) and ending with Hugo's advice on how to navigate from Copan to Antigua,Guatamala.
The rooms are very beautiful as is the rest of the hotel and it's conveniently located within easy walking distance from Parque Central and all it has to offer. I'd definitely recommend Yat B'alam to anyone interested in visiting Copan. It costs a bit more than some of the other hotels in town but it's well worth the price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I loved my stay at Yat B'alam. This is a small, cosy hotel, with just 4 rooms and it provides a truly boutique experience as well as a very personal touch. The design is great and the rooms beautiful and spacious. The rooms and the entire hotel are extremely clean. The owner Rina is very nice and hospitable and the staff is also very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (which was not included) was delicious and served with a friendly smile. It is very centrally located, just a block or 2 from the main square.

On the first floor there is a very nice area where you can sit and relax, read a book or enjoy the great view on the mountains.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and to be honest there was nothing I disliked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Two friends and I enjoyed a very relaxing and refreshing stay at Yat B'alam. Rina is most helpful and welcoming, providing great information about the town and the ruins, even helping us to arrange a guide for the ruins and take-away sandwiches for our long bus journey to El Salvador. The room was beautiful, spacious and had a balcony, and the shower was hot - the first time I've felt really clean for months! We borrowed a movie from reception which was a nice treat. Travelling on a budget, we decided to splurge for a couple of nights and it was well worth it, while not breaking the bank. The room was cleaned to perfection on the second day with fresh toiletries and towels. The cafe also provides a good breakfast with friendly and helpful staff. Thank you for making us feel so welcome!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've spent a number of years staying in hotels, and this one belongs to those little gems you might find around the world. I can't add anymore to what the other reviews have already said, just to confirm.

Location is excellent, two short blocks from the Parque (Plaza), in a quiet street and 30 minutes walk to the Ruinas de Copan. The hotel has the air of grandness but in a very miniscule way. It has only 5 rooms all on the 2nd floor via a courtyard stairwell. There is a small cafe with a wicked quesadilla cake (a very cheesy sponge cake) and a couple of artesan shops in the little "mall" in the lobby. The service is excellent, extremely welcoming in a down home style, breakfast is well prepared but inexpensive. The only little remark I have to make is the number of beds in my room (#2 I think). The room has 2 queen size beds, which basically took up 2/3 of the space. Where to put my stuff became an inconvenience. But the bathroom was spacious, and the brick work was just great. Room furniture, decor etc was just perfect for the character and ambience of the hotel.

On a side note, while at the cafe one morning, this 6/7 year old kid walked up to me, and stuck out a colourful straw doll, and said softy 20 lempiras. What was I to do but got some change and gave him 30. The staff were smiling. I learned much later that those little kids who go around with painted corn husk dolls are from La Pintada, the Chorti Mayan village nearby. Apparently, after school or on weekends, these kids would come down to Copan and ply their wares. What a relief, after thinking they might have been street kids. I wish I had known about this Mayan village, and put it on my itinerary.

Room Tip: I had room #2 (just off the stairs) which I think was fairly quiet, and if you look out the window...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Simply put, this is one of the best hotels in Honduras. Rina and her staff are absolutely fabulous and so friendly. Ready to help you in whatever way they can. As an example, the day we got there it was raining and they let us borrow one their umbrellas for the rest of our stay. Going above and beyond to make our stay even more comfortable. We stayed in Room 1 and it was absolutely gorgeous! The bed probably one the best I've slept in and the most comfortable linens. Waking up and opening the windows to beautiful mountain views was a great way to start the day, along with their delicious breakfast and coffee. Their souvenir shops are also wonderful. Well-priced, beautiful, unique souvenirs. There should be no doubt of where to stay in Copan Ruinas, the Yat Balam!

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the hotel have great balconies
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has the nicest rooms, best service, and most comfortable enviornment I have experienced in my life. Every hotel should be this good. I have no more to say except if you are coming to Honduras, you need to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are great, service is great, food is great and the people...well guess...Very affordable, quaint and friendly. Having my morning coffee at the cozy little cafe balcony with my book and watching the people walk by, it's just like sitting in a European bistro, a slice of heaven. Katy is one of their gems there, very attentive and always greeting your with her beautiful smile.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Yat B'alam Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!