My wife and I had a great time here. The place really is beautiful and the people are fantastic. The dive staff here is top notch. We worked closely with Katherine and absolutely loved her. She was great to be around very professional and highly skilled. Bogdan who manages the dive operation really runs a tight ship and makes sure everything goes smoothly. Anke, Meg, Suzanne and Sydney were all knowledgeable and fun to be around. Really a class act. The diving was magnificent.
The resort including Yobani, Peter and all the staff were pleasures to be around and really go above and beyond to make sure your stay is all it can be. As I mentioned we loved it; however, I can see where some of the folks found the need to write negative reviews. A lot of things cannot be helped. The bugs are the bugs, weather is weather and trash is trash. You cannot get away from the bugs when the wind does not blow, when the humidity is high it is hard to tolerate and amount of trash washing up from the mainland is disappointing. The staff does what they can to keep up with the garbage, run fans and remind you to re-apply bug spray. The resort is really small with only 16 rooms so the other guests really influence what type of experience you have. We met some great people and made the best of our time. The people we did not click with we hardly knew they were there. Staff cannot help that at all. My largest grief with the resort and this I felt was somewhat in their control was check out Friday night. It dragged on forever. I understand logistics and internet service on a remote island and all but something should be done to make sure that goes smoothly and timely.
We will certainly be back to Utila and would easily recommend Utopia for those who want first class service in a third world country especially those who would like close attention while diving and the best dive team around.
Go forth, book your trip and enjoy paradise!
~Shawn & Shana
- Also Known As:
- Utopia Dive Village Utila
- Utopia Dive Village Hotel Utila
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casually elegant, beachfront dive and spa resort. All rooms are ocean front and have AC, ceiling fans and spacious balconies with views of the ocean and mainland mountains. Full service dive shop, spa, beach bar, lounge, on site restaurant with table service. Rates are per person double occupancy and often include island connections from Honduras or the neighboring island of Roatan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Utopia Dive Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.