“Refreshing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yoga Utila

Yoga Utila
Main Street at Sandy Bay | After Skid Row, before the public beach, Casa Colorado, Honduras
+504 9570-1772
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 19 activities in Utila
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Yoga Utila was started as way to promote traditional Yoga- its practice and its teaching, throughout the community, to locals, expats, and travellers alike- on the great little island of Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras. Our yoga classes are on a donation basis, in an effort to build and support a growing yoga community on Utila. Come and join us in this great space we had create to share yoga and a positive way of life!
Toronto
14 attraction reviews
“Refreshing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went to yoga on 2 separate days of our holiday. The room was upstairs where there was a slight breeze of fresh air. The instructors were good and improved your posture when needed. They seemed knowlegable and friendly. They asked in advance if you had any pain and would give suggestions when certain poses were asked for and would suggest improvised positions. I felt great after both sessions.

Utila, Honduras
19 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Yoga Experience....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been a student of Yoga Utila and Aura's for about 8 months now. She continues to support me whether I am on the island or not! The studio offers traditional Ashtanga Yoga, Mysore Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and new classes for balancing for two and the lighter side of practice. Classes are either in the lovely space above Bush's supermarket or in the evenings outdoors overlooking the bay and sunset.
Tending to your mind, spirit and body, I love Yoga Utila and encourage everyone who is experienced in yoga and looking for a professional, enjoyable, rewarding practice, or everyone who wishes to try yoga to begin a practice to attend these classes. You will be warmly received.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Good yoga bad scent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The yoga was good the first time I attended. However, I have reactions to scents. The instructors always light scented candles. The first day, there was a bit of scent left from the previous class, and the candle was still lit and still emitting scent. The instructor blew out the candle when I asked. Since there was a good breeze, the scent dissipated. However, when I returned two days later for an another class, the scent was much stronger. The weather was much more humid, and there was no breeze. I could not stay because the scent was too strong. Why turn yoga into aromatherapy?

Visited July 2013
“Aura you are amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I came to Utila for 2 weeks to relax and do some yoga and what I got was much more. Aura is truly amazing she's inspiring and she's guided me through my practice with dedication.
Thanks, Gracias, Merci
Val

Regusse, France
“A great discovery et and wonderful meeting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I practise hatha yoga almost every days, but I didin't know ashtanga and I really liked it. perhaps is it thanks to Aura who is an exceptionnal teacher and person .
I felt in her a very big humanity, an authentic generosity, and a profound desire to introduce her pupils to the ashtanga yoga, whatever is their level. She finds for each the word that it is necessary, the just advice, the necessary encouragement, and the appropriate degree of requirement.
Try her course, you will be enchanted, whatever are your expectations. If you just want physical exercise, you will be fully satisfied. If you wait for something more "spiritual", you will also find answers with Aura
She definitly deserves her first name! Her aura is bright, cheerful and positive!

Ariane, from France