“poor diving facilities and staff” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: At our locally owned and managed 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Resort (awarded by PADI to only those centers offering the highest level of diver education) we are at the hub of scuba diving for all visitors to the tropical paradise that is Utila, Bay Island, Honduras. Since being established we pride ourselves on offering first rate PADI dive tuition, the latest diver education and the very best personal service from our professional staff. Our scuba dive instructors are trained in the latest recreational and technical diving courses. We are proud partners of Project AWARE and strive for the betterment of Utila. Our passionate and experienced staff are PADI Instructors and Emergency First Response trained.
Montreal, Canada
“poor diving facilities and staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Material was torn, broken, lack of proper material, Staff was not professional, hung over. If you're a serious qualified diver, you'll do fine in fun dives. But if you don't trust your abilities, don't expect to be taken in charge, or helped, unsafe supervision from divemasters.

Visited May 2013

San Francisco, California
“Underwater Vision with James Ahhh-mazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Getting our certification with Underwater Vision Dive Center was the best family adventure ever! Trudy’s, has it all, location, location, location, volleyball, the best dock around for sunsets, cold beers, nighttime diving, an amazing staff and great food on property. Lax 20-30 yr olds from all over the world staying there getting certified, (we were definitely the oldest and sometimes it was loud but once you tell em to bugger off it’s all good). Within 15 mins of checking in our son and daughter (mid-20’s) jumped on a boat heading to a neighboring island with pristine blue water for an afternoon of swimming/snorkeling/beer.

But the Kingpin to our unforgettable scuba diving adventure was our Dive Master Guru Extraordinaire James Wilkie, the guy is pro pro when it comes to diving, safety always comes first, he was continually pointing out marine life we didn’t even noticed and he’s got a killer smile. Our daughter had a hard time with her ears and decided to skip the last dive, so James took it upon himself to do a solo dive with her on his day off to make sure she got certified! Man did she have a huge smile when they docked, she was so proud and totally hooked on diving all because of James.5! Excellent way to end our trip. Pay the extra $$ and have Caroline take a video of you diving, it’s worth it.

Visited February 2013
Legau, Bayern, Germany
“Go to Underwater Vision!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Actually, I never wanted to dive! Just stay there for maybe four days until my travel buddy has finished her Open Water Course. My excuses always were the money and the missing possibilities for diving at home.. But it's true: SHUT UP AND DIVE! Instead of four days we stayed at Underwater Vision about eleven days and in the end my travel buddy turned into my dive buddy :) And I've never regretted my decision. Underwater Vision is a perfect place to become a Open Water Diver (and more..) and it's so much fun! Nice, clean & cheap rooms, funny instructors, good food & the craziest parties ever!
If you spent some days there you never want to leave Utila - for sure!
Don't get confused by the huge offer of Scuba Diving Schools in Utila.. go to Underwater Vision and you can do no wrong!

Visited April 2013
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
“place to beee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

if awesome diving, good food, great people and an amazing atmosphere is what youre looking for during your utila experience, this is it! all the staff are awesome people. I was going to stay for a lil month and did like everybody else.. stayed over the double.. thats the only downside; you simply dont want to leave this paradise!

Visited May 2013
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
“Simply awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My plan was to stay at Utila for no more than 4 days, just to get my Open Water certificate. I ended up telling one of the most common lies of Utila for about a week: Tomorrow I will go home. In the end I stayed for almost two weeks. Utila is an amazing island and Underwater Vision maked it even better for me. The instructors are awesome and really make you feel welcome from the start. They are really good at their job and make it fun as well. The atmosphere at the hostel is really awesome, you meet new people easily and often there are special nights like the movie night on monday (with delicious homemade burgers!) and the divemaster graduation parties one in a while. In the end I really had to go because I had to meet up with some friends in Guatemala, but otherwise I would have stayed longer!

Visited April 2013