“Easter Week Group Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: GET PADI CERTIFIED, CERTIFIED DIVERS - GUIDED DIVES, BECOME AN INSTRUCTOR - GOPRO Where Divers Come To Dive. Our family run dive center offers courses from DSD through Instructor. Well known for our professionalism in both teaching and fun diving we provide our divers with an opportunity to experience the tropical paradise of Utila. With experienced and knowledgeable staff our aim is provide quality service in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Waldorf, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Easter Week Group Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Sarah, Rich, and Tonya did a magnificent job of taking care of us during our week long stay in their resort. Everything was clean, and we had a great time staying with the folks at Coral View. The dive centers staff was so hospitable, in 25 years of diving I have rarely encountered a staff that is so friendly to each and every diver they have... My only regret was only staying a week at the resort. Diving is great in Utila, there are many diverse sites, make sure you get to see them all. Our group was mixed male and female, cert levels from new open water to Master instructor, Ages 24 - 56. Everyone had a great time.

Ellington, Connecticut, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Top Notch Operation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have nothing by glorious things to say about Coral View! My husband & I did 5 dives with them while we were in town and each was a great experience. Sarah (the manager) was quick to answer all my emails working out our reservation prior to arrival making the process wicked easy. We did not stay on the property & they even arranged our transportation to/from the shop. Sara our dive guide was excellent - let me say it again, excellent! She was knowledgeable about the dive sites & pointing out things on our dives. She was laid back in her style & yet always aware of her divers so safety was never a concern. I talked to other divers while we were in town that went with other operators and Coral View blew them all out of the water - some people were even going to change over to Coral View. Small groups, great prices, excellent staff - even our boat driver was awesome. We did spot 3 whale sharks & got a good look at one! We were on a dive with the previous reviewer "MeBeDivin" - what a small world! Don't look anywhere else, just go with Coral View & you won't be disappointed!

Hudson, Wisconsin
“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I went to Utila for our 30th wedding anniversary. We wanted to get certified while there and Coral View was a great fit for us. Grace, our diving instructor, was very patient and knowledgeable. Sarah, the manager, was very helpful both before our trip as well as when we were in Utila. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

Visited February 2014
Incline Village, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Staff and Great Diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I spent a week on Utila at Coral View. Sarah Laverty was very responsive in getting us the information we needed to make our reservation at the Resort and Dive Center. She scheduled our dives in a way that we saw most parts of the island's reef system during our stay. We finished our PADI Open Water certification (did the book coursework online prior to arriving) with Grace Williams who was personable, professional, and a lot of fun. Our four fun dives were with Sarah Morhar who was equally great. Romel was our captain for the two days we went around to the north side of the island and he was witty and fun and got us in the water right next to two whale sharks one day (one of the highlights of our trip). As diving newbies my wife and I felt totally safe with the whole crew at Coral View. One of the reasons I picked Coral View was that they keep classes limited to 4 students; my wife and I happened to be the only two in our class which was really cool having the individual attention. Talking with the other divers staying at Coral View, they were equally impressed with their professionalism and knowledge. We ate breakfast and some lunches at the resort and walked into town for dinner. The recommendations for food we got from Sarah, Sarah, and Grace were excellent--Na Di Thai at Jade Seahorse, Foo King Wok (yep that's the name) in front of Tranquila Bar, RJ's, and Penny's Snack Shack, in particular, stand out. The rooms at Coral View were simple/basic and most importantly, clean. The house reef was great for snorkeling--high tide was best since the darker waters of the lagoon would cloud visibility a bit at low tide. We especially liked the double decker bar in front of the reef for beer and various rum drinks after a day of diving. Tonia (owner with CJ) actually met us at the airport and Calvin (their son) drove us to the Resort (and back to the airport at the end or our trip). Anything we needed was immediately addressed--the service could not have been better.

san francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“wheelchair accessible hotel and diving, and.....WHALE SHARK!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

hi all! thanks so much for such a geat time diving and staying with you! My sister and I just returned from 10 days of diving and living at coral view. Spectacular diving, and a great dive shop. I am a disabled diver in a wheelchair with limited walking ability. from the first , sarah (dive shop manager) was very patient and informative in answering my multitudes of tedious email questions, which i have to do as a disabled traveler to insure that accomodations and diving can accomodate my disability. Coral view did a great job all around, from sarah in the dive shop doing a personal walk about the property to identify where wheels could and could not go. where they could not, they built me ramps! when you're disabled, independence is EVERYTHING! they assured that i could freely move about the property and come and go as i please. when i arrived and they had overlooked the step entrance to the dining room, they immediately built me a ramp, ensuring access. all the other areas with steps already had removeable ramps in place, making this a very wheelchair friendly resort. now, it is a developing country, so don't expect 5 star luxury. There is NO 5 stars on Utilia, so this is one of the best you can get. that being said, it is extremely clean basic rooms, the food, while simple and basic, is delicious, and the people are fantastic! the sheets and towels are older, but always clean and fresh. there is ample and 24/7 available filtered drinking water. each room is air-conditioned with ceiling fans also. no TV, but who needs TV in paradise? there is one in the dining room if you really feel the need to watch. plus, we had a good stable wi-fi connection, so i could stay connected to email and streamed movies on my phone ( my own teeny tiny movie theater!) if ( when) the power went, they have a generator kicking right in. thanks to the kitchen/reception staff, marritt, tillie, carla, and their daughters karen and sharby... sorry if i forgot anyone! thank you so much for all the delicious food! Miss tanya and CJ, the owners, are very personal in their attending to your any need, and made sure that anything you need was always right there. the grounds are well tended and clean, the views and the quiet location outside town ( a 10 minute walk or roll) is excellent. there is a dining room and bar , and a great dive shop! what more can you ask? The dive staff, sara, aitan, grace, and all the others whose names i'm so sorry i can't remember; romel ,the best boat captain ever! (thanks for finding us on the drift dive!) and everyone else were all amazing! they took great care of me, making sure i had whatever help i needed getting on and off the boat, gearing up, etc. they even toook my wheelchair/scooter back to the protected hotel area from the boat dock each time ( if my sister was not available) when i got on the boat so it wouldn't sit out in potential rain areas. then, when we ( of course) wanted to see a whale shark, they made every effort to find us one.... and succeeded... YES!! WHALE SHARK!!! an amazing fish that glows in the water! straight A's all around! they are in the process of painting and upgrading everything... and it shows. if you are a hotel snob, you might find fault in some peeling paint, a showerhead that sprayed a bit sideways, shower curtains a bit hard to slide, and bare walls.... but as i said, there is NO 5 stars on utila. prepare to go back in time ( per US standards) a bit, it is charming and perfectly lovely! they even provided a shower stool for me, as i can't stand to shower. it is NOT USA ADA standards, but for a tiny developing island, it was seriously adequate, and they took great personal care to go out of their way to meet my every need. the island itself is not particularly wheelchair friendly, as every small carribbean island i've ever been on is not... i adapt as i need to, go where i can, and stop where i can't. Utila was about average in that dept, maybe a little better than some. there ARE a few stores i could roll into, and they got my business. all in all, it was actually a little more accessible than Roatan, where we spent the first 2 weeks of vacation. i did a total of 12 dives in 10 days here, the diving is fantastic! the reefs beauty and care second to none, including, in my opinion, the great barrier reef. thank you all again so much for making my vacation great. And without knowing it was happening, we accidently stumbled into honduran spring break...! an interesting phenomenon for 2 old ladies! the population of utila must have doubled for a week... VERY loud!! we were doubly thankful for the quiet location outside town then. a first class dive operation and lovely hotel that felt like coming home..... we'll be back!