“Best diving in my life, awesome staff, and very affordable pricing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral View Utila

Coral View Utila
Sandy Bay, 34201, Honduras
+504 2425-3781
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: GET PADI CERTIFIED, CERTIFIED DIVERS - GUIDED DIVES, BECOME AN INSTRUCTOR - GOPRO Where Divers Come To Dive. Our family run dive center offers courses from DSD through Instructor. Well known for our professionalism in both teaching and fun diving we provide our divers with an opportunity to experience the tropical paradise of Utila. With experienced and knowledgeable staff our aim is provide quality service in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Charleston, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best diving in my life, awesome staff, and very affordable pricing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I spent 9 days in Utila in March of 2013, and during my stay I completed my PADI Advanced Open Water certification with the help of the wonderful staff at the Coral View Utila dive center. Rich, Sarah, and the rest of the staff are just incredible people! Very helpful and friendly, yet knowledgeable and professional at the same time.

Their classes are structured to proceed at your pace, not theirs. So if you need to review or repeat things, they're very patient, while if you're already an experienced diver they will accelerate the pace if you want.

The dive shop has a large abundance of top-notch equipment, and they offer everything you could want, from beginner classes to nitrox, side-mount, and certification up through Dive Master and Instructor, if you want to go that route.

As for the diving around the island, well, it's hard to put into words just how incredible it is. I've never dove the great barrier reef, but I can't imagine it being much better than Utila. People call it the "nursery of the Atlantic", and I see why. There are over 140 amazing dive sites that are all accessible within a 15 min boat ride from the dive shop's dock at Coral View. That means that you spend less time riding in a boat and more time exploring the amazing reefs that ring the island.

Also, the boat captains are really fun people. Twice while out on a dive trip we spotted a pod of dolphin, and both times the captain maneuvered the boat so we could jump in the water and snorkel around while the dolphin passed us. Have you ever been within 10 feet of a dolphin in the wild? I have - TWICE! And it was an unbelievable experience. The captain didn't have to do that, he just did it because he knew we all would love it. (I had a beer with one of them later that afternoon, and he said that dolphin encounters are quite common around the island.)

So if you're looking for an awesome SCUBA destination, or if you're looking to upgrade your certification without breaking the bank, or even if you just want to give SCUBA a try for your very first time, you would be hard pressed to find a better location than the Coral View dive center. I can't wait to go back!

Visited March 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Dive Center and Awesome Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I did not have any diving experience or knowledge of the centers on Utila and we are so happy we chose Coral View. They were truly a great center to dive with for our first experience! The facility itself is well maintained, equipment was great and the staff is wonderful. Sarah answered all of our questions and was very accommodating with both scheduling our classes as well as our fun dives! Debbie was our dive master instructor for our class and she was awesome! Debbie is very knowledgeable and truly made us feel comfortable during class in and out of the water and you can tell she truly loves her job and helping people learn how to scuba dive. Our dive master for our fun dives was Olivier and he was wonderful as well, very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and he really made our fun dives a great experience. We had beautiful weather, meet great people here and truly enjoyed our first scuba diving experience. We hope to come back soon and would highly recommend Coral View.

Peterborough, Canada
“Fun week of diving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family and I dove with Coral view over the Christmas break, they were all taking their open water course and I was fun diving. My family was able to take their open water course together which was nice that they didn't have to be grouped in with others. There was a definite laid back attitude and more then ample time was given to them to enjoy other activities while in Utila. My diving was great! They have some decent sized boats for the rougher North side (when I was there) of the island as well as fairly decent motors that got us to our dive sites fairly fast. Sarah was very good at setting everything up before we got there, as well as coordinating the numerous divers over the Christmas season. The only slightly negative was some of their equipment was a bit run down, mostly just masks and wetsuits. Overall though I would return to Coral View if I make it back to Utila.

Calgary, Canada
“Definitely an Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I did 6 dives over the course of 3 days during December 29th through 31st. Like many people have told me, it definitely was the rainy season, however the weather was nice enough to let us dive with no problems. Sarah was great at answering any questions i had, and so were all the other Dive Masters, the captain knew all the dive locations like the back of his hand and he took us to the best sites he knew of. Sarah and Rich have developed an amazing dive center, with friendly staff, very well maintained diving equipment, and just a fun place to be. On the way to the last dive site on the 31st the captain stopped the boat, told us to put our wet suits, flippers and snorkels on and jump in the water, there were dolphins, swimming with them and seeing them in the wild was an amazing experience. It was a pleasure to dive with all the dive masters, they've shown me things underwater that no other dive master anywhere else has, they clearly know all the locations and what there is unique to see at each one. I strongly recommend Coral view as a dive center and as accommodation.

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Diving - Great Crew”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We dove four days over Christmas at Coral View. First, it was convenient to where we were staying, that's what brought us to them. We're glad we went. Sara was great answering our questions, making arrangements and making sure we went to the dive locations we were most interested in. Our dive masters, Virginee and Olivier were friendly, efficient and help us with equipment, etc. We would go back there again when we next visit Utila.