“Good for learning, not for divers who are already certified.” 4 of 5 stars

+504 24253511
Website
Improve this listing
5 attraction reviews
“Good for learning, not for divers who are already certified.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

They did a great job teaching my partner who was doing his OW. The instructors were great, fully available and professional (we'll remember you on every dive in the futur!).

Unfortunately, as a certified diver I was a little disappointed. I wasted time waiting to go diving, they took me twice to the same location (there are hundreds of spots to dive!) and although I made it very clear upon arrival that I wanted to see whale shark they didn't take me diving to areas where I had chances of seing it.

I would recommend their shop to anybody who HAS TIME and is getting certified. It is a great school and it is cheaper than other shops (price is reflected in the equipment and boat).

RECREATIONAL DIVERS and travelers on a schedule would do better looking for another dive shop. There are many good options on the island.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Great deal, amazing course, and responsible instructors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Most of the dive shops in Utila offer the same deal when you get your Open-Water Dive certification, however they offer different experiences and vibes. For just over $250 at Deep Blue, you get 5 confined-water dives, 4 open-water dives, and 2 extra fun dives, with FIVE nights free accommodation. We were given a private room which was really nice!

The shop itself is on the main strip, has a small bar for food and drinks, and a great common area to do your studying in. Communal kitchen and free wi-fi are also a huge plus! Mostly though, it is extremely laid-back and NOT a crazy party everynight. Seeming as we were putting our lives in the hands of these instructors, we were happy to know they were not getting drunk everynight and coming to instruct us hungover the next morning.

The staff are all extremely friendly and professional. I was especially nervous about breathing underwater, but throughout the course, gained more and more confidence. They teach you everything you need to know, and teach you how to handle every situation that could go wrong underwater. The shop is never overly-packed so you will be in a small group, or even receive your own private instructor (like we were..lucky!)

It is a GREAT value for a great education! They reef is beautiful, and if you're lucky you might spot some dolphins, whale sharks, or sea turtles!

Visited February 2012
Miami
47 attraction reviews
“I am blue...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

One of the cheep dive shops on the Utila island, but they also have some kind of resort further away from the city. I almost took some courses there, but fortunately went to other shop. The vibe was simply not there.

Visited March 2011
Portland
4 attraction reviews
“You better go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed at Deep Blue Divers with my girlfriend and friend from Belize last month... It was great! We got our open-water certification there and the dive instructors were amazing! They really made it an enjoyable time for us. During the course, we had 3 instructors for 3 students. The cost and accomidations were amazing and vibe at the shop is top-notch! Great people, great services and a great time! Oh! And eat at the shop too, the food is crazy good!

Visited October 2011
None
7 attraction reviews
“Great DM's/Instructor....avg equipment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nic the Instructor/DM and the other DM's were great. The equipment is a bit old and limited, with divers fighting to find the same equipment they used the day before....which they know worked/fitted.
Had a great time though with excellent diving service.

Visited October 2011