“A must no matter how long the stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Spas & Wellness in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's biggest floating tank. This is a must do on Utila!
Atlanta, Georgia
“A must no matter how long the stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

What an amazing time, a true must on ones next adventure! My friends and I had come to Utila for diving having heard of Johns marvelous creation with an idea of what a float would be like but nothing had me prepared for what I experienced. I purchased the 3 hour package which I would highly recommend scheduling a float for later that day. Upon returning Amanda greeted me showing me to the tank and was just a pleasure to talk with. The float tank is huge allowing one to lose all since of direction as well as touch, sight, and sound, Making for one of the best experiences I have ever encountered. Every float is slightly different, a true beacon of ones self at that given moment. But amazing every time, allowing one to discover things within them selves that are only dampened from outside forces that are always present outside the tank. Wow such a great place! If you are on the island don't short yourself GO FLOAT!!!

Visited November 2013

Oslo, Norway
3 attraction reviews
“Weightless at the "surface"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Float Utila is a unique spa option to totally relax 100% - you are really weightless and enclosed in your own world. Our bodies have never been so tension- and motionless. The people who runs it does not do it for the money but for the pleasure of sharing the experience. This is also the biggest pool of its kind in the world, don't miss it!

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'd spent three weeks on Utila before I first tried the float. I wish I hadn't left it so long otherwise I would have gone a few more times. Alas I only have one more day left on the island.
It was an experience like none other! The only thing I can really compare it to would be to a session of reiki (energy healing). As soon as I lay down, I was completely relaxed. And an hour seemed like no time at all. I came out of there feeling completely euphoric and more relaxed than I'd felt in a while. I would recommend this to anyone willing to try something different!

Visited October 2013
san francisco
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My friend and I were in Utila for a week and came upon Float Utila by chance. We were walking down the street and saw the sign. We each did an amazing hour long session and have to say it was an amazing experience. Make the time to float!!! The owners were patient and very knowledgeable!

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Utila must!! Beautiful experience..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my first experience of sensory deprivation and how lucky I feel to have had it here. I only wish I knew of it at the beginning of my stay on the island so I could have visited again.
Not only a beautiful experience but John & Amanda are amazing people and a wealth of knowledge on floating and other health related lifestyle choices.
Thank you Amanda & John for an eye opening experience that I will be sure to do again.

Visited July 2013