“You will not understand until you have tried it” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Spas & Wellness in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's biggest floating tank. This is a must do on Utila!
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You will not understand until you have tried it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I thought it would be silly to pass up the opportunity to float while in Utila so my finace, Rob, and I, booked a time (which is really easy, by the way. You just tell Amanda and she let's you know!) and went in. We didn't realize that the light in the corner was the light to be turned off so we floated with it on, a bit confused. We felt silly and we were offered another try.

The second time I couldn't tell time at all. Had there been no music to indicate the end of the hour I wouldn't be able to tell minutes from days. I couldn't tell when I was awake or when I was asleep. I could imagine things vividly, sounds clearly, though there was no light no sound but the occasional flutter from Rob's side. At one point it felt like I was halfway to standing upright like a mummy in a tomb. It is the perfect setting for meditation even with a partner in the tub with you. The first time in the tank I fought the movements coming from the other person but the second time I accepted them and embraced the sensation of any sensation at all in sensory deprivation. I felt like I was floating from corner to corner and couldn't tell where I was only to find I hadn't moved at all in the end or I was in a completely different place I had thought. I was able to fell everything and nothing all at once. Really, it was so cool. We even split a massage afterward and it was amazing though you really do need a full hour or more to fall into a trance.

John told us about all sorts of healing minerals and methods that I have started taking into practice and we had breakfast with Amanda and Bina in La Ceiba before they took us to their dentist to make sure we had the best dental care in Honduras. Thank you Amanda, John and Bina, the most extroverted intelligent young lady I have ever met.

When in Utila, it is necessary to visit Float Utila.

Visited February 2013

Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time, but definitely not the last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have lived on the island of Utila for 3 years and personally know the owners of Float Utila, but I have never made an appointment until this morning. It was my first float ever. I had heard from friends how wonderful the experience is and they didn't lie. From the moment I walked down the path from the main (loud) street to Float Utila, there was a peace and calmness. Amanda welcomed me and walked me through what I would be experiencing and how it is beneficial for my body and mind. I was impressed by the whole experience and for me it gave me some quiet time to be with God. The quality of the wood work, tile work, float chamber, bathroom overlooking the turquoise Caribbean water, fresh flowers, massive shower head, the welcome and the goodbye.
I highly recommend travelers to stop by Float Utila at least once during their time here in Utila! They are sure to have the same experience!

Visited February 2013
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A positive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been on the Island of Utila for 3+ months and kept seeing the signs for Float Utila, so finally I, along with my visiting daughter and son in law decided to give it a try. The hosts are kind and welcoming, the facility spotlessly clean, welcoming and relaxing. The float was a totally new, relaxing and at the same time invigorating experience. We all enjoyed it very much and highly reccommend it. Your skin feels amazing afterwards. Healing for the bug bites too!

Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Float”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

After a month of diving on I tried out Float Utila. I had read lots of posters and reviews but was still pleasantly surprised. The float facilities are beautiful and very clean - on par with expensive north american spas. This was my first floating experience, it was relaxing and helped relieve the stress and aches from lots of diving. Amanda was a warm and gracious host, which added to a great experience. I highly recommend checking it out.

Los Angeles, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect Scuba Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

After 6 consecutive days of diving and riding a janky bike my neck, jaw, and back were super tense. I was also in a dorm situation and felt like I was in college again, which was fun, but I needed some down time. I'm a yoga teacher and meditator, so relaxation is my bag. Float Utila is just as relaxing as a massage, and the benefits last longer because your knots unravel themselves. I think it's a good idea to do a little stretching first, so you can get right into savasana in the tank. To get over the darkness and isolation - just shut the door and surrender, if you can scuba dive, you can do this! I've been back in L.A. for a week and I still feel the softness of my neck and trapezoids. While in the tank, I went into a deep state of meditation and daydreaming where I was pulled back into the ocean, but worry free, with limitless oxygen, no stinging sea wasps, and giant coral fans waving me into another galaxy. HIGHLY recommended! Also, it may seem like $, but it's way cheaper than it will be back in the big city (if yours has one) Love, YOGANGSTA.com