“Diving in Style” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 attractions in Utila
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Closer to the night life yet beautifully situated for a chilled atmosphere, and just a short walk away from town centre. Staying in Pirate’s Bay Inn gives you the chance to explore Utila and everything this friendly island has to offer, from the restaurants to the beaches and maybe even to search for Captain Morgan’s legendary treasure.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Diving in Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have to admit I was a little unsure as to whether I should spend the money and time to learn how to dive but in hindsight I would say it was probably one of my better decisions! I thoroughly enjoyed the 4 day training course at Captain Morgans - 3 days of solo training and then two free dives with the others on the last day. All inclusive it cost my only $250 which was an absolute bargain.

Visited October 2012

“Fun and Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Did the Open water and Advanced in one week. The hostel was great. The atmosphere is chill and very social. The staff (managment, reception, bar, instructors, boat captain) is just pure fun, very welcoming and professional. I had a great time and learned alot in only one week!
The rooms were great, with hot showers, lockers and enough room for everyone. I only wish they had A/C.
With Captain Morgan you get to sail pretty far out to the north. We sometimes went on a 50 min. Boat ride just to get to our dive site.
I Highly recommend it to anyone planning to come to Utila.

Visited August 2013
Owen Sound, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is truly a great place to go. Kevin and his wife run a great dive shop Nd their hotel is the best on the island beaches are hard to come by on the island but they have one! Since I have been there I know some instructors have left( good thing) and from what I understand he now has some top notch folks. He has two of the best dive masters I have ever dived with, Pierre and Mauritizo ( spelled way wrong)
I was certified by this company a very long time ago and wanted to go back to see the new shop.
I showed up with my son,wife and two coworkers and we all had a great time. They have a great boat captain and he seems to know where the whale sharks seem to be. He was able to put us along side of a couple and it was magical.
While I was on the island I looked and most of the shops and had no interest in diving with them, their crew was there for the party and not the diving.
I can't say enough about Kevin and his family run shop. He has been o the island for along time and is heavily involved in everything.
Thanks Kevin and all.
J

Visited December 2012
“Perfect vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This dive shop and inn is the perfect place for a Caribbean dive vacation. The staff loves diving and takes safety seriously. They love fun too and they make sure everyone enjoys their dives. The food is homemade and delicious. Beer is cold. Rooms are super clean. We heard a lot of warnings about Honduras, but Utila feels safe. Captain Morgans made us glad we chose this dive place.

Visited July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
12 attraction reviews
“Best dive centre and best staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Dove with Captain Morgans' as well as stayed at their hotel - Pirate's Bay Inn - please see separate review for that. I was so happy and satisfied, their boat is a great size so you're not smushed unlike other small boats I saw. The captain was great and it was smooth sailing the whole time. It is true they go to the North Side every morning and it's great to pass the cays on the way and the beaches that you can't walk to! The south side they usually dive in the afternoon - I skipped that dive because I was too exhausted - but my boyfriend dove throughout caves and his pics prove to be wonderful. Shout out to all the staff ! They're so fun and great teamwork! The prices for doing fun dives you cannot beat. We saw others completing their certifications, no one had anything bad to say. Plus their dive shop is right on the Main street close to the ferry. Very cool t-shirts and souvenirs to choose from. The dive boat picks you up right at the dock of Pirate's Bay Inn. How convenient ! Loved it, please use them if you go and you will really appreciate a good time on the boat with everyone and underwater as well.

Visited June 2013