“amazing to say the least!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 23 Activities in Utila
Type: Other, Classes/Workshops, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Closer to the night life yet beautifully situated for a chilled atmosphere, and just a short walk away from town centre. Staying in Pirate’s Bay Inn gives you the chance to explore Utila and everything this friendly island has to offer, from the restaurants to the beaches and maybe even to search for Captain Morgan’s legendary treasure.
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“amazing to say the least!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I did our open water with Captain Morgan's in January. And we both loved it! We were greeted with a sign at the dock and were then set up with the accommodation at Pirate's Bay Inn for two nights. They had just opened it and it was clean and quiet. For the next week, we chose to stay at Jewel Caye just so we did not have to get up as early. I loved the Caye and the Hotel staff is friendly (local fisherman and his wife). Plus the fresh baked goods every morning! All the staff were great, especially Shelley and Laura! Everyone is fun, energetic and knowledgeable. They made us feel comfortable with diving for our first time (especially my boyfriend who has problems equalizing). I did get seasick one day and they were able to adjust their schedule so I could do the fun dives with my boyfriend which meant a lot. I was able to dive alone with Shelley and had an amazing time! She was able to change my weight belt under water and held my had to show me rad things!
Memories were not only made, but friendships as well! I miss Utila and CM's staff! Will defiantly return and recommend them to anyone
-Mermaid gal (Melissa)

Visited January 2012
CaptainMorganDC, Manager at Captain Morgan's Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your amazing review, it makes our day when we know we've made your holiday! Hope you are still enjoying your new hobbie and we would love to see you back to dive with Captain Morgans again soon!

New Zealand
“A team of champions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I did 8 days of diving with Captain Morgan's (open water and advanced courses) on the recommendation of someone that lived on Utila. They were all extremely nice, friendly, interesting and accommodating people which made it a great experience, especially for someone traveling alone. The hotel they are building is going to be amazing, with a waterfront location, bar and a team of people that know how to cook, make cocktails and put on a really good night. The courses were all very good, very flexible and Isaac and Uri were both very experienced instructors, who can speak english, spanish, or even catalan if you like! Thanks guys, I look forward to seeing you again.

Visited May 2012
Thank you so much for your awesome review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us both in and out of the water! Good luck with the rest your your trip and we'd all love to see you back for some more amazing diving and magical margaritas!
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
“Great team, excellent dives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Had a great week at Captain Morgan's passing my rescue diver certification. The team is great and friendly. You're in good hands with them. They dive the North side of Utila most (best side to dive).

The dive shop has also great, cheap accommodation available at Pirate Bay Inn.

Only reason I did not give an excellent rating: the gear is well used (but very safe). But as is the case on all dive shops in Utila. You can't complain for that price. But I would recommend bringing your own mask, tuba and wetsuit if you have them.

Visited May 2012
CaptainMorganDC, Owner at Captain Morgan's Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your time with us both doing your course & fun diving. In response to our equipment, I would like to say that it is all serviced regularly and in top condition but it is hard keeping things looking new when they are used in the salt water everyday. The best of luck with your diving and I hope to see you again!
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great scuba diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I did my open water at Captain Morgans. The instructors are really friendly and efficient, one manages to get certified in three days. The course price includes also two fun dives and accommodation at Pirate Bays Inn, a very new, clean and comfy hostel at the beach. The dives there are amazing, and they usually take you to the north side of Utila, which other dive centers don´t do

Visited May 2012
CaptainMorganDC, Manager at Captain Morgan's Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with Captain Morgan's and hope that you keep diving and come back and visit us soon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Open Water Certification Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

On the advice of a friend I scheduled a trip down to Utila to dive with Captain Morgan's for my open water certification. From the moment I arrived I was warmly greeted by the whole Captain Morgan's Staff and within no time each instructor knew my name and took an active interest in me and my diving experience over the next few days. I was lucky and got paired with Isaac and Carla and their knowledge of diving was conveyed in a fun and exciting way while my knowledge grew each day and transformed into a confident grasp of the material at the course end. Because of my short visit I was concerned about getting in a fun dive after the training was over. But Shell, the manager, juggled a few things and set up our fun dive with Jo. Over the few days of diving with Captain Morgan's around Utila I was able to see many awesome dive sites and sea life. What a terrific experience and I can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2012
CaptainMorganDC, Manager at Captain Morgan's Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your fab review, we really enjoyed diving with you too. Looking forward to seeing you again for your Advanced ...Safe flying....