“Great time at Gumbalimba” 5 of 5 stars

914-9196
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 71 things to do in Roatan
“Great time at Gumbalimba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Gumbalimba was a wonderful experience for my sister and I. We held monkeys and parrots at the beautiful park, I have always had a interest in monkeys and was excited to finally get to hold one! Beautiful scenery, but very similar to Florida, minus the plentiful conch shells. Great guides and time to kayak and snorkel.

Visited February 2013

Murrieta
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great day with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed coming here. A tour guide walks you around the park and the tour was fun and informative. We loved being able to hold the monkeys. My husband was just standing there and one jumped right on his shoulder, it was really neat. I saw one of the monkeys reach into mans shirt pocket, it was pretty funny. Watch your personal belongings because the monkeys will take them. One took a ladies camera but the guide got it back right away. My husband and kids had a great time zip lining. It was a pretty expensive day but the memories will last forever.
Admission was $30 for adults. Children were $15. I believe ages 4-12. My 3 year old was free. The zip lining was $45 per person and you do a lot of tipping. (The tour guide, and zip line guys mentioned that they don't get an hourly wage and count on their tips) The food at the restaurant seemed a bit steep for the quality.

Visited January 2014
Munster, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoy the beauty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The preserve made for a very nice stop. The surroundings were very pretty. The interaction with the monkeys was the clear highlight for all. The monkeys sit on you and there is much opportunity for photographs. There are some limitations on what you can have with you when you visit with the monkeys - they like to swipe things -- but lockers are provided. Everyone we came in contact with was very well spoken and knowledgeable.The preserve also has hummingbirds, parrots, iguanas, and some kind of chickens. During a portion of the visit, we were taken to a cave-like-structure with various diagrams and artifacts (primarily replicas) related to the history of the island. Crossing a rope-bridge across the river made for a little adventure. I was informed that the preserve is privately owned. One warning, at the Park and throughout Roatan be prepared to tip. We had paid for the event through our cruise and it was not cheap. I was surprised when our guide informed us that she relies entirely on tips for income. We followed the Park visit with a trip to Tabyana Beach, which we also enjoyed.

Visited December 2013
Windsor, Canada
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Zipling through the canopy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Gumbalimba park is an excellent way to spend the morning. We went on a park tour that is guided where you can interact with monkeys and mackaws. The is alot of wild life to see. The best part was the zip line through the treetops. There are 13 stations in the trees. Going in the morning is better because the heat and humidity are lower.

Manhattan Beach, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“An Interesting Place to Visit When in Roatan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We found this an interesting place to go, especially since the weather was not great for the beach. The park has monkeys, one of which stole my glasses (the guide had to offer the monkey an orange to get the glasses back), iguanas, and birds. It is about a 20 minute drive from Mahogany Bay, where our shipped docked. The local guide told us about the island while we drove to the park.

There is an unadvertised beach behind the park, which was nice to stroll on. The food service at the park was expensive, slow, and strictly hamburgers and hot dogs. The service was so slow that the manager gave us a free "employee lunch", which was breadfruit, spare ribs, and spiced rice. The local meal was much more appreciated than the American lunch.

Visited December 2013