“Nice way to spend a morning, interesting and good for family” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 71 things to do in Roatan
Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend a morning, interesting and good for family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

took a tour of the Gumbalimba Park as part of the Carnival Dream daily excursions, it was a nice easy way to spend the morning. The park has refreshments and snacks available, also lockers were available for $3 daily rental to keep belongings secure, along with bathrooms and changing facilities near the beach area. Tour of the animals, monkeys. parrots, insectarium, and manmade cave were informative and interesting. Grounds are very well kept and it's an easy walk around the park. Priates bridge is fun to cross and provides a nice photo. The ziplines overhead seemed to be very good and were being enjoyed by many (we did not participate), but it looked great. The beach was a bit of a diappointment, did not look particularly inviting, lots of trash and seaweed, and the grey sand was not what I thought for a Caribbean location. The park on the whole was worth visiting and a nice way to spend a day.

Visited March 2013

Sudbury, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We all had a fun time. The staff was funny and very experienced. We had Kirk and Mario. I cannot remember the photo guys name. We were a group of five. If you are scared they come with you and you do learn. Great teachers. They have 13 platforms so you do a lot for a great price. They have a beautiful park to see after. I would recommend this tour.You can buy pictures if you want too. We went through sunwing.

Bellmore, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“So much fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was the only cruise operated tour that we did on our recent NCL trip. Yes it was a little bit more "set-up" than I usually like, but it was really a blast. Mon younger son said it was the best part of the trip. The grounds and bridge are beautiful, and the monkey are the absolute best. We seem to spend a good deal of time with them and the parrots. They were very interesting,and all over us! We saw many lizards, hummingbirds, and plants as well. Could skip the cave, but the kids liked it and it only took 5 minutes. We had plenty of time after to hit the amazing beach and snorkel. Well worth the stop!!!

Jacksonville Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visited this park using Rony's Tours. Please see my review. The ziplines are pretty high, long, and have a good speed. Most important, they were about the safest ones I have ever seen. They tell you what to do before you start, and there were a lot of workers along the way to watch/help you. You can buy a CD with photos of your adventure at the gift shop, which is a much better way to spend $20 (in our opinion) than buying a single photo on the ship. The beach is beautiful, and there was almost no one out there. There are a lot of big iguanas, and a swinging bridge. I had a monkey eat sunflower seeds while sitting on my shoulder. And, I had a macaw sit on my shoulder and try to eat the button off of my hat. They did have a hut with all kinds of beach toys to rent, but no one was there when we walked by. There is also a snack bar and swimming pool (that had no people). It was a fun place to stop! I just wish I had brought my snorkel gear.

ontario ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

well worth the trip. $35 for park, $45 for zip line but $55 for package. Get to interact with the macaws and monkeys. Zip line guys are funny and entertaining