Turquoise Bay is a gem if you are looking for peace and quiet, stunning landscape and sea, excellent food and attentive, bilingual (Spanish-English)staff . It is perfect for a couple or families with small children wanting a safe beach. Diving is a must.
The rooms are simply furnished, scrupolously clean, the beach white and never crowded. There is a small pool for those who want one.
The restaurant serves delicious meals, the menu does not change much, but you can eat 2 meals a day for a week without having to eat the same thing twice.
The resort is fairly distant from towns where more action is to be found and it is difficult to move around, as taxis do not like to drive you that far , public transport is not reliable and renting cars is expensive.
The dive shop within the resort is just great, it runs a divemaster program and the students serve as very gracious hosts, everyone is knowledgeable, attentive, friendly and the dive sites exceptional.
Kudos to the hotel manager, Jesus, for his eagerness to please and accomodate guests, to the restaurant staff , young and enthusiastic, to the divemasters Emily and Brian for their knowledge and poise.
Beware (like in all of Roatan) of sandflies and mosquitos, omnipresent and quite obnoxious.
We had an amazing week at Turquoise Bay and look forward to returning as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Roatan's Northeast shore Turquoise Bay is the only dive resort in this lush and remote area of the island providing you with the opportunity to dive uncrowded, pristine dive sites. The resort is set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views and a protected bay which makes the water calm and perfect for swimming and kayaking. Beach lovers will enjoy our private, tranquil, 500 ft white-sand beach.At Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort you will enjoy the very individual and personal service that only a small dive resort can offer. Our friendly local staff takes pride in getting to know our guests and making them feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Bay Hotel Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands