“Great Time at Turquoise Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
RoatanUnderwaterPhotoFest
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Roatan
Helena MT
“Great Time at Turquoise Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The resort, staff and meals were excellent. The dive staff was great and had us all taken care of.. The staff always was at hand to answer questions and take care of us. Everyone loved the bar tender, he was VERY creative with the drink of the day. I felt like we were being waited on and taken care of and to make our stay great. I will go back for sure, the diving was great. The week were were there we even got to see a whaleshark, which was the highlight for the majority of us. We had a large group (23) and everyone had a great time, the local entertainment was all great. Beautiful resort, away from all the noise, and other divers, we never had to fight over a dive site, and all had great experiences from seeing large groupers, toadfish, seahorses and then the whaleshark. Thanks for agreat time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am still here at Turquoise Bay Resort and I am disappointed with this hotel and dive shop. 1st all I want to say that the staff here are great! They have treated us so well and food is pretty decent. The problem I have here is that on their website, they never mention the dive shop is separate from the hotel. So what ever you do or purchase at the dive shop you have to pay seperatly from the hotel and if you don't pay in cash, they will charge you a 16 percent service charge to put on your credit card ( bring cash). Try to get cash from the hotel is another pain. They don't carry cash but will take me 20 minute away to an ATM to get cash. Every day, I go into the office to remind them I need to buy cash from my card, they told me no problem and it would cost a small fee which I didn't mind but when it came down to get the cash they told me I can't get any. Another disappointed issue is the dive boats we put on. No cover from rain or from sun, had to bring our own water bottle, too many interns on our trips. We are here on vacation and don't need to have interns on our very small boat. Resort are well kept but issues with our rooms are electricity would shut down for a bit, our toilet would keep running, water shut's off. Going into town would cost you 20 to 30 dollars per person. Was told cheaper to rent a car.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 to 8.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Binghamton NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved the resort and resort staff except for vegetarian husband's meals. Don't get me wrong, the fresh fruits, vegetables, and FISH were the best I've had in the Caribbean, but substantial main courses for vegetarians could be improved. Some pasta and veggie burgers were offered, and a wonderful pasta bar was offered one night that put hubby over the moon! Resort staff were helpful and friendly, learning our names and preferences on the first day. Maid service was great. We purchased the 18-dive dive package, and the dive shop would only allow 2 morning dives on the last day. They would not consider allowing the guest/diver to make their own decision to dive the third dive on Friday pm before flying on Sat. Most guests fly Sat to Sat; there are only 3 direct flights on Sat, and those departure schedules must be familiar to both the resort and dive shop management. So, we were charged for 18 dives and only got to do 17. This policy/package offering should be revisited to offer 7 dives/week at a reduced rate OR allow the diver to decide their last dive prior to flying. Saw eagle rays, sting rays, nurse shark, and varied macros.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Coventry, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just wanted to say that we had a wonderful time. We especially enjoyed the warm and friendly staff, who took the time to learn our names and were always pleasant and helpful. The resort is so beautiful and the grounds are so well kept. I never left the resort, except for excursions on the dive boat. There was no need to leave. The food was fabulous, the menu interesting and varied. I loved all of the fresh fruits, salads, and vegetables! And the entrees were superb. They also brought in local entertainment some evenings. The diving was excellent. The corals are beautiful and healthy. Not as much fish life as I've experienced at other destinations, but it was a laid back, helpful, easy to dive experience.

Room Tip: I would have liked a fitness center, but I ate very well and still lost 3 lbs. because of all the di...
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I can't brag on this place enough. I'm sitting in my room right now killing my last hour here.

The most outstanding things about this resort are the service, food, beach, and views. Those are all 110% of what I had hoped they would be. The dive shop is only a few steps from the room. Every single person that I have interacted with has gone out of their way to make sure that I had anything that I wanted. If you tip based on quality of service, bring plenty of cash. You will want to tip a lot.

The rooms are modest but updated to modern standards and clean. I have no problem with wi-fi in my room but I hear that depends on what room you are in.

Downsides: it is a bit of a ride to get to any place off of the resort but that also makes it quiet and safe feeling. Bugs, yes, there are bugs, bring deet! They are going to be anywhere in this part of the world, it is not the fault of the resort.

I'm traveling with a group of 4 divers, including myself, and we have already tentatively made our plans to come back next year and have our price locked in for next Sept. That should tell you that we are happy with the resort and dive shop.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are very close to both the resturant and dive shop. None are very far but those are the s...
zekethesheik
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place was wonderful! The food was very, very good. The staff knew our names and drink preferences in 24 hours! We really liked the pool for post-dive relaxation. I'd go back tomorrow! Wish I could.....

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went with a group for a week for the diving. The rooms were nice, no major issues. Food was excellent. The staff could not be more friendly or more accommodating. I highly recommend Subway Diving. My wife does not dive and had a great time relaxing at the pool or on the beach

Room Tip: Rooms higher on the hill may not be desired if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort? Share your experiences!