“Can I please live here?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sante Wellness Retreat

You added Sante Wellness Retreat to your Saves list
Sante Wellness Retreat
Marina Point, Parrot Tree Plantation, Honduras (Formerly Sante' Wellness Center, Day Spa and Retreat)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Dinner
Ranked #8 of 31 Roatan B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Can I please live here?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

After 2 weeks of traveling, hiking, diving, and adventuring all over Honduras my friend Jenn and I knew we'd need some time to unwind before returning to "the real world" so we booked 2 nights at Sante... Best idea ever!
I took their kayak out into the ocean. At first the water is not to deep and it's pretty rocky at the bottom but one you get further out it just drops off to about 60ft and the water is crystal clear. Great for snorkeling!
We had our own little private cottage right on the dock... so cute! I did yoga with Angela in the morning, Leon cooked us some amazing meals while we were there. They are so welcoming that I didn't really feel like a guest but like I was staying with friends. Every month some of the locals get together for a "Full Moon Party" and it just happened to be while we were staying at Santa so Leon & Angela invited us to tag along. We took their boat over to their friends house and had a great time.
The spa treatments were amazing. I had a hot stone massage, a body wrap, eye mask, and a facial. I wish I could come here and do this once a month!! I live in NYC so spa treatments are not cheap. The value and quality of service at Sante surpasses every spa in New York.
Angela and Leon have created a place with such warm energy that you can't help but be relaxed and at peace here!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

This is a wonderful place for couples, and the service was excellent. We stayed seven nights in the cottage by the sea. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. At night, we could leave the windows open because there was such a wonderful breeze. The room had a small refrigerator that was filled with water each day, but there was not a television. We weren't there to hang out in the room and watch television, but it would have been nice when winding down at night.

The location was perfect!! It was extremely quiet and peaceful. I recommend the yoga with Angela each morning before breakfast. I was suprised how good I felt afterwards. Watching the sunset from the hottub each night was one of our favorite daily activities. We also enjoyed taking the boat over to Parrot Tree and enjoying the amenities there. You should definitely check out the beach, the beautiful pool, and the Palapa Grill.

Things to know ahead of time:
This is an eco-friendly establishment. Be prepared to limit your use of water and A/C. We did not feel inconvenienced in any way. Also, your meals and alcoholic drinks are a la carte. Keep track of your bill as time goes by. Don't forget to bring some insect repellant or cactus juice or the sand flies will get you.

In summation, we would definitely return. Angela and Leon are wonderful hosts and will help you with anything you want to enjoy on your vacation.

Namaste...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I fell in love with Roatan after visiting the island on a cruise and decided that I had to go back.

I stayed at Sante the first week of Apr 2010. Since I was traveling solo, I was a little nervous about going to Honduras. I choose Sante after reading other guest's reviews and felt that this would be a good place for a single traveler. In talking to Angela and setting up the reservation all my worries faded and I had a fantastic vacation.

Sante Spa and B&B is located at Parrot Tree Plantation, an absolutely beautiful community. Sante is a beautiful home located on a peninsula on the point of the reef (you come and go by boat from the marina at Parrot Tree).

The B&B is run by Angela and Leon and has three rooms, two in the main house and one cottage on the bay. The rooms have ceiling fans and air conditioning. The house is quiet and private and you can hear the waves crash onto the reef and the wild birds in the trees. There is a pool and hot tub at the house and a larger pool with waterfalls and/or lagoon at Parrot Tree. The house has verandas facing the ocean with wicker chairs and hammocks. You can just hang out, read or talk to the six parrots that live at Sante. Morning at the B&B starts with a yoga session followed by breakfast.

During the day visitors come for spa treatments and lunch and enjoy the lovely surroundings. If you stay overnight, an absolute must is to look at the stars - if it’s clear – you will see the milky-way across the ski.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
San Antonio TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sante Wellness Center for 5 days. We had previously been here 2 1/2 years ago and that trip was all about scuba diving, ziplines, and the other things folks do when to an island the first time. This visit was all about relaxation, so massages, facial, snorkeling, yoga, and getting some sun....and it worked. Try the pineapple and papaya facial....my skin looked so clear and felt so smooth! Leon and Angela are divine hosts, ensuring the right amount of privacy and active engagement with us and other guests. The food was great, as were the accommodations...we stayed in the big bedroom on the first floor, just off the pool. This is truly a tropical paradise; like a picture in a book.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I was a spanish student in La Ceiba and wanted to get away. I did not realize I was in for such a treat! I had looked up Sante Wellness Center online and felt that I deserved a little R&R. Once I made it to the Bed and Breakfast I was treated like family. On top of that the SPA services were divine. I indulged in the Chocolate Spa and received that and a whole lot more. My stay at the Sante Wellness Center gave me a chance to reconnect to all that I hold dear. The ocean, yoga, and healthy meals did my soul well. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

I went to the Sante Spa with 3 other friends as an excursion from the Carnival Dream. We saw the site online and were intrigued with the spa treatments offered at the spa. We followed Angela's directions through the taxi stand and met the water taxi to the spa, just as she indicated. It takes about 1/2 hour by taxi to get to Parrot Bay on the other side of the island. The building/house is absolutely beautiful, and the decor is so perfect for the setting! Two of us had our spa treatments first, while the other two relaxed in the hot tub in the palapa by the shore. I opted for a swedish massage, which was priced very reasonably. It was such a relaxing experience, being massaged while listening to the sea brush up on the sand outside, the birds (macaws & parrots) chatting in the trees, and the soft music playing in the room. Wonderfully sublime! I didn't want the massage to end! When it was finished, Angela showed me to a shower, filled with wonderfully aromatic cleansers and lotions. After showering, we sat by the sea while we waited for our friends. The whole complex there was so serene and exuding tropical beauty! They have 4 or 5 parrots that are in the house, with a macaw outside. I was a bit skeptical at first, simply because I was uncertain as to what we'd find, not having been there before. It was one of the most wonderful experiences I've had while travelling! Since I'm a travel agent, and do a lot of travel, that is a strong statement. They are such gracious hosts, making their guests feel totally at home and blissfully relaxed! I highly recommend Sante Wellness Center and Day Spa! I have been telling all of my clients and those of other agents in our agency about Sante who will be travelling to Roatan in the next few months. Everyone is anxious to go! If you're inclined to do a spa treatment while on a cruise, or while on the island, definitely - without a doubt - go to Sante Wellness Center and Day Spa! You won't want to leave, and the value is enormous!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I never travel by myself, but if every trip is going to turn out like this I just might. I was welcomed into their B&B, I ate fabulous meals, had a massage and facial and they even included me in a night out to meet their friends. Now that is service over and above. I fell in love with their birds, they have parrots and a macaw. I think every room has a fountain and you can hear water running as you walk through the house and then of course outside you can hear the waves hitting the shoreline. It is very quaint.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sante Wellness Retreat? Share your experiences!