Just returned from a fabulous 8 day stay with my wife. Bungalows are smartly done, with everything you need. The well equipped kitchens even had a quality blender which made for some tasty pina coladas. I was a bit concerned initially with the location near a large shipping port, but once your on the island, it all fades away completely..it is very quiet and relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed the free kayaks & snorkel gear..world class snorkelling is just outside the reef with a 2000 foot shelf into the carribean abyss & the affiliated subway dive shop was quite a relaxed and intimate dive company. My largest group for diving was 4 people, and with all the great sites on Roatan, you never run into other dive boats. I highly recommend renting a car on the island. It is fun to explore & if you want something a bit busier, it is about a 25 minute drive to the west end. Barefoot cay is very centrally located for excusions east as well..if you really want to explore, be sure to rent a 4-wheel drive as the roads were a bit rough for the kia picante I rented. I saw quite a bit of Roatan & I think you would be hard pressed to find a better place than barefoot cay. It is very well maintained, comfortable, reasonable, personable, and beautiful..a bit expensive, but well worth it. Kudos to John & Milesse for creating such a great place to enjoy a great island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan