My husband and I went to Barefoot Cay for our Anniversary and It was all that we were hoping for and more.
We stayed in the one bedroom bungalow, the double doors were wide open and awaiting us. There were fresh local flowers and fresh fruit set out for us when we arrived. We were given a tour of the property which sits on it's own cay and is accessible only by boat, great for privacy. The views from almost every spot on the cay are breathtaking. I now know where they go to shoot the beach shots in the commercials.
The palapa a very short walk along the beach from our front deck was amazing, Constant ocean breazes, which keeps the sand flies away. You can snorkle right off the palapa where there are beautiful fish to be seen along with several boat wreaks that you can explore. All of the snorkel gear is located on the palapa and is free for you to use whenever you want, as are the kayacks. My husband snorkled daily while I tested the hammocks and the chairs that were all about the palapa.
Staff were all very accommadating whatever our request or need they were there to meet it. Having gone for our visit during the "off" season We found beautiful weather and the cay to ourselves for several of the days that we were there.
While we were there they were completing a new pool house which will include a reading room, spa, and resturant. My husband and I already plan on returning to the Cay once the work is complete.
If you want a great relaxing vacation with your own beach, free snorkeling, and kayacking and privacy Then Barefoot Cay is where you want to go......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan