Had a great family vacation at Barefoot Cay! We had two teenagers finishing up their PADI Open Water Certification and the dive shop was fantastic. Kelly Ash was the dive master for their training and we can't recommend him enough. One of our two in training had a bit of a struggle, and Kelly couldn't have been more patient and encouraging. We stayed in one of the two bedroom lofts over the dive shop and it was roomy and perfect for our group. The patio off the back has a great view of the resort, and a nice breeze in the evenings. The food and the staff were wonderful. We felt welcome and relaxed from the welcome tour through check out time.
Two suggestions. 1. We rented a truck through the resort and we were very happy we did. It was great for exploring or heading down to West End in the evenings. It was cheaper renting through the resort vs. the airport, and they delivered and retrieved it right in the resort parking lot. So simple. I wandered in the Barefoot Cay office to inquire about a car, and in 20 minutes the truck was in the parking lot. Wow! 2. We had the all inclusive option, but it doesn't include drinks. The Distribution Center right next door to the resort is a great, inexpensive place to buy sodas and beer. (Take a left out of the resort driveway.) It looks totally industrial, and we would never have ventured in without the wise advice of a resort staff member. They don't speak much English, and we didn't speak much Spanish, but bringing along an empty can of what you are looking for helps! 2. The Bulk Gourmet another block down on the same side of the street has the best liquor prices and selection of all the places we looked. Eldon's is your best bet for groceries.
Hurry down to Barefoot Cay as fast as you can. You won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan