Just back from a relaxing week with family at Barefoot Cay. The resort met and exceeded the needs of all of us, from grandmother to teenager. The staff were all friendly, attentive and helpful. We did the meal plan, and the food was good and included lots of options. Accommodations were happily made for a vegetarian and an onion allergy. Our 15-year old also ate very well. We stayed in the 2-BR ocean-front villa, which had amazing views, comfortable bedrooms, balinese showers, a full kitchen, and a living room that opened onto the patio where we spent most of our waking hours. I am very sensitive to bug bites and did get one or two during the week, but most of the family was not bothered at all. The staff works very hard to keep the sand flies in check. We enjoyed hanging out at the pool and enjoyed spa treatments when we were not diving. (See our separate review for Barefoot Divers.) The resort is small and we enjoyed interacting with other guests, all of whom also seemed to be very pleased with the level of service. Transportation to/from the airport was seamless, as staff picked us up personally and took care of everything, including taking us to the grocery store for a few items at the end of our first afternoon. We will definitely return to Barefoot Cay in the years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan