I just returned from an amazing weekend at the Barefoot Cay resort and it was beyond expectations. In order to sample the island, I tried two different locations. First, touristy Cancun-like West Bay (which is awesome snorkeling, beach and party life if that is what you are looking for) and this unique, private hideaway on its own little private cay.I stayed in one of the studio lofts above the dive center and it was gorgeous and had a large kitchen. I didn't use it though as I ate all meals at the restaurant which was excellent food and offered both American and local options. The staff was exceptional and so incredibly helpful, especially Raul who lined me up with a five hour island tour by Ray Anthony of Bay Island Adventures (he also does boat tours) which is highly recommended if you want to see the diverse culture and highlights of the island. The place is especially lovely for couples. I can't comment on the diving as I only snorkeled and it was the windiest weather in over 7 years per the hotel. However, if you want nice big beaches with a Mexico theme than you should stay in West Bay. If you want to relax, dive and get away from it all on your own private resort than stay here. I would highly recommend it as it is awesome!!!! Thanks everyone there for all your amazing help and I love that the owner gives back to local charity. I will add photos and more info too to my blog at : www.thirdeyemom.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, Expedia and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan