“Prepare to be SPOILED!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barefoot Cay

Save Saved
You added Barefoot Cay to your Saves list
Barefoot Cay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Pavimentada PPal, French Harbour & Brick Bay, 33126, Honduras   |
Ranked #4 of 41 hotels in Roatan
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Prepare to be SPOILED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been to other big name all-inclusive resorts and nothing can compare to the experience we had at Barefoot Cay! The entire staff at the resort and dive center were extremely professional and very accomodating. The resort is on a private island and is only accessible to guests and a very few select personnel. It is also monitored 24 hours a day by security. I think the total guests when fully booked is around 26 people. This allows for very personal service. The kitchen makes note of every guest's likes and dislikes. They learn your habits and accomodate you accordingly. They offer wonderful food choices for all 3 meals and the food is amazing! I am a very picky eater and can honestly say I was never unhappy with any meal.
The dive shop also has a very professional and knowledgeable staff. Andrea was with us most of the week and she was the best we have ever had the pleasure of diving with. She was in tune to the individual needs of each and every diver on board. I was 100% confident in her abilities to ensure we all had a fun and safe dive. If you want to relax in a beautiful, private paradise and be spoiled, Barefoot Cay is the place to go!!

Room Tip: Villas are worth every extra cent! You will more than get your money's worth!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent our 25th anniversary here, it was Absolutely first class, we stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa and had our own private beach. The staff and the Dive shop was top notch, the food was every bit amazing. There is a max of 26 guests so you feel like you have the island to yourself. It's a perfect place to relax and just forget about everything else.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything about this trip was unforgettable. We stayed in the lofts above the dive shop and we loved it. The room was large, comfortable, great balcony, and they thought of every detail. The staff was friendly, attentive, and informative. The atmosphere was beautiful and relaxing. . Although we had not planned to get our open water certification, we decided to do it last minute. Our instructor Irma was the best- great instructor, professional, and fun - could not have had a better person to learn from. Love her!! This trip was one of most amazing experiences we've ever had. We feel really lucky to have found this place... hopefully we'll be able to save up so we can go back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed one night in the villa and the rest of the time we stayed at the lofts. We actually liked...
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We decided to dive while on our Western Caribbean cruise. We picked Barefoot Cay in advance after checking the scuba boards. Let me just say that this place is awesome and rocks big time! Diving was great; prices were reasonable; dive guides (Emma) were incredibly knowledgeable and friendly; Safety was emphasized; dive rigs were set up before the dives - then they helped us into our BCs and into the water- then they broke down our rigs and cleaned them in their fresh water tanks... It was incredibly relaxing; incredibly beautiful; and incredibly pleasant.... The people at Barefoot Cay are the real deal... Boats were the perfect size; number of divers was small so we got lots of personal attention; dive briefings were excellent... They even arranged our transportation from the cruise ship to the resort and then back again; all the while assuring us that we would have no trouble getting back to the boat in time and having a little time to shop (for my wife)... Coral reefs are gorgeous and lots and lots of marine life (saw a squid for the first time just scooting along)... cool cool cool... Shout out to my Barefoot Cay peeps.... This was one of the best diving trips i have ever taken...

Mary Esther
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my only chance to dive while on my cruise and am I glad I picked this place. The Staff is amazing. Their knowledge and helpfulness made me feel comfortable immediately. Great dives and the facility was immaculate. I had an issue with my credit card which they didnt let become an issue for me. They are all super friendly and I couldnt have asked for a better staff. Thank you sooo much Irma, you saved my trip, you rock! Kyle thanks for your patience, you're a great DM. All the rest of the staff who I had the pleasure to interact with, my great thanks.
If anyone has a choice to make to dive Isla Roatan, you will do yourself a big favor by choosing Barefoot Diver. Im glad I did
Mike N

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I have been to the place 3 or 4 times. We love the relaxed nature of the place and the diving (and dive team) cannot be beat.

The owner -- Melisse -- always greets guests (when she is in town) and makes you feel a part of the family.

The rooms are comfortable and pleasant. The villas have a wonderful view of the beach. You almost feel as if you are the only one there.

The place is small -- I think it only handles 75 people -- but never ever feels crowded. It is also away from the West End scene. So if relaxing (and great scuba diving) are at the top of your list, this is the place.

Room Tip: The rooms over the dive shop -- on the land side, not on cay -- are extremely comfortable and have a...
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This trip was the best vacation my husband and I have ever taken! We've been diving for 20 years and Barefoot Cay is truly a paradise. Every detail was perfect. Everything has been meticulously planned...accommodations are exquisite, the food is delicious, the service is superb, the diving is awesome. The dive shop is well organized and all the dive staff are wonderful. I highly recommend Barefoot Cay to anyone who wants a vacation in paradise!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barefoot Cay? Share your experiences!