We decided to dive while on our Western Caribbean cruise. We picked Barefoot Cay in advance after checking the scuba boards. Let me just say that this place is awesome and rocks big time! Diving was great; prices were reasonable; dive guides (Emma) were incredibly knowledgeable and friendly; Safety was emphasized; dive rigs were set up before the dives - then they helped us into our BCs and into the water- then they broke down our rigs and cleaned them in their fresh water tanks... It was incredibly relaxing; incredibly beautiful; and incredibly pleasant.... The people at Barefoot Cay are the real deal... Boats were the perfect size; number of divers was small so we got lots of personal attention; dive briefings were excellent... They even arranged our transportation from the cruise ship to the resort and then back again; all the while assuring us that we would have no trouble getting back to the boat in time and having a little time to shop (for my wife)... Coral reefs are gorgeous and lots and lots of marine life (saw a squid for the first time just scooting along)... cool cool cool... Shout out to my Barefoot Cay peeps.... This was one of the best diving trips i have ever taken...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort includes a private cay and 9 luxury accommodations with your choice of beachfront or ocean views. This unique Caribbean retreat pampers guests with first-class amenities and absolutely outstanding service. Onsite PADI 5 Star Dive Center spoils divers with valet diving, customized itineraries, patient & friendly instructors, and incredible dive sites just minutes away. The resort features a swimming pool, gourmet dining, and spa services. All accommodations have air conditioning, high-speed internet, TV/CD/DVD, Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Barefoot Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Cay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Barefoot Cay Hotel Roatan