We go to Roatan quiet frequently.... actually as much as possible. Its a dumpy little island, but if you like adventure and can look beyond the third world aspects of it you can see why it is such a wonderful place. The local people are wonderful... its the tourists and americans who seem to ruin it.
For years we heard about Paya Bay, and finally we stayed there this year. Paya Bay is absolutely wonderful- but very, very remote. I would have rated it excellent but for the location.
If you want isolation, privacy and quiet, then this is your spot. If you want to be more in the action, stay out in West Bay or West End. West Bay has major resorts, and West End is a little more bohemian.
Again, let me reiterate- people, facitilies, food all A+++ at Paya Bay, but isolation factor a C+ for someone like me who wants to be in the thick of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands