Paya Bay Resort is exactly what we sought for our honeymoon - a non-touristy retreat. A beautiful bed was set for our arrival. I am not sure if this is customary but it was a very nice touch. See photo. The location is delightful as it is situated on a small point with trails and various places where one can choose to sunbathe and relax. We did a lot of swimming, some kayaking and hiked to the local peak. Should you do the hike, I can say (as an experienced outdoor guide in the Sierra Nevada) that this may not be for everyone. The trail can at times be a tad steep and overgrown as well as slippery BUT if a little wilderness doesn't bother you then you will love it. The hike gave us a great view of the resort and wild orchids were growing off of the trees. This hike was done with a guide for a reasonable fee (I forget how much but reasonable). We also did one boat trek to a nearby snorkeling spot. The water was a tad murky and the spot we were on did not seem to "alive". It could have been the day or a result of the sediment kicked-up by the surge resulting from the choppy seas. It still was a nice little chance to go on the water. At night, we ventured down to the lagoon and even tried some fishing. What stood out for us at the resort itself was the reasonable healthy selection of foods. Of note were some of the juices and we had difficulty stopping from having the ceviche for each lunch. Internet connection was fine. Only regret is not taking the yoga classes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands