“Relaxing Vacation at Palmetto Bay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palmetto Bay Plantation

You added Palmetto Bay Plantation to your Saves list
Palmetto Bay Plantation
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Ms Vecinal, Palmetto Bay, Crawfish Rock, IB3100, Honduras   |
Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in Roatan
Miami
“Relaxing Vacation at Palmetto Bay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

My wife and I Decided to vacation at Palmetto Bay, she want some place romantic for Valentines. Could We Have Made A Better Choice. We where out celebrating wedding anniversary, so I Asked the reservations staff to Have Something romantic prepared. When we Arrived in Our villa There Was champagne, flowers and a fruit basket with a note from the Hotel Satff, from then on we Enjoy every minute of our stay, we Had a couples massage at the dock. The restaurant service was great, delicious food Prepared with fresh products, fresh seafood! We Felt So Spoiled HAVING Margaritas by the beautiful beach, a very private one I must say.

Palmetto Bay is a bit secluded, it Takes about 20 minutes from the main road, But Once You arrive to little Paradise That it's all worth it, We Did not wanted to leave. The hotel staff was very friendly and Gave us the best service. Loved the happy hour Bartender Mich Always Had a smile on him, are Always romantic dinners with candles and fresh flowers everywhere, had my wife smiling all the time.

We Decide we are going back next year to Have Aour Wedding Vows renewal ceremony, my wife spoke to the Wedding Coordinator Cecilia, she was very helpful Giving us all the details of how we are going to plan the ceremony next year. Can not wait to go back!

Palmetto Bay Thanks for Giving us the best vacation!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Barnstead, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My family and I bought a villa at this resort about 7 years ago as a vacation house after searching all over the carribean for the perfect spot. We came to Roatan with International Living and fell in love with Palmetto Bay Plantation.
So for the past 7 years we have been coming down every year from January to April to escape the dreadful winters of New Hampshire. I love the resort and the people, every night I have dinner at the restaurant which serves daily specials.
I love to hang out on the beach and watch the sun go down in the evenings, or walk down to the Village of CrawFish Rock for fresh fish and grill on our deck.
I am so sad to be going back but I will be back more often, actually I plan to come down again in August!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
bad20s
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic honeymoon/dive vacation.

We arrived on a Saturday our driver was there to meet and greet us and brought us back to the resort, it is about a 20 minute drive on a dirt road. Saturday night there was live music from 5pm onward and it was really nice to sit on the deck listening to island music and watch the sunset.

We got couples massages did a romantic dinner on the palapa and dove three dives daily, Laurie was fantastic to hang out with, she was our guide for the week.

The villas are exceptional, with fresh fruits and flowers daily and the food was delicious, we never had a bad meal the entire week on the island, everything was fresh! Some days the food took longer than normal but that is island and everything is cooked with natural ingredients! No complaints from me!

We had happy hour drinks daily at the bar! It was a very relaxing vacation and I do recommend the resort to you if that is what you are looking for! It is not for the party crowd!

Thank you everyone, you made my stay very comfortable and relaxing we will be back next year!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

The accommadation at Palmetto is lovely, we stayed in a 2 bedroom ocean view villa which was enormous. But the resort is mainly designed for self catering, which we weren't really planning on doing as were on holiday and didn't want to cook. There is a restaurant there but we were often the only people using it which felt a bit weird. The beach is lovely but the sea is a far cry from the crystal clear waters of half moon bay. it's pretty rocky so you can't get in from the shore just from the jetty, and you can't really see anything, whereas at half moon bay you can snorkel off the shore. I think this`would be a good place if you have kids and want to cook your own meals or if you have your own transport to get around.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband and I got married at the Palmetto Bay Plantation in 2009. We live in the US and did all of the planning over email with Cecilia, the wedding coordinator (and wife of the resort owner). Cecilia was extraordinary to work with; she was kind, professional, and really did everything possible to ensure that the wedding was what we had envisioned. We had about 80 guests fly in for the event, and the resort handled everyone wonderfully. Since it was such a large group we were lucky to have virtually the whole place to ourselves, which was a lot of fun. The staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful.

Cecilia helped us plan not only the wedding itself, but we also had our rehearsal dinner at the resort. The wedding ceremony took place on the beach under a 4-pillared arch that was beautifully decorated with our wedding flowers. The aisle was lined with palm leaves and conch shells. The reception was held in the outdoor dining area. The table settings were gorgeous and the food was delicious. The rehearsal dinner took place on the beach, and had a completely different feel than the wedding night, which was our goal. Cecilia arranged for fire dancers and a reggae band to perform at the rehearsal dinner.

In addition to the wedding related events, Palmetto Bay Plantation also helped us plan outings for all of our guests around Roatan. We did a zipline tour one day, a snorkel/scuba cruise another day, and arranged for guests to go into the West End (which is the touristy part of the island) one day.

I really cannot express how wonderful Cecilia and the entire staff was at the Palmetto Bay Plantation. We had the wedding of our dreams and an incredible week in a beautiful place with all of our friends and family. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.

• Stayed March 2009
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Four girlfriends and I planned a dive trip to Roatan, and were very fortunate to find Palmetto Bay Plantation! We had such a blast, I can't imagine any way it could have been better. The beach was beautiful, simply breathtaking. The dive shop was on site, Subyway watersports, and picked us up from the pier on the beach every morning (about a two minute walk from our house). The accomodations were excellent, every moment felt like a tropical escape, and we enjoyed the numerous birds, lizards, and other wildlife we encountered. The diving was excellent, and we also booked a shark dive through the on site dive shop. The shark dive was AMAZING, and should not be missed by adventerous divers!! We also enjoyed kayaking and snorkeling from the beach. The restaurant and bar on site were accomodating and the staff were very friendly and courteous. All in all, a perfect vacation and we were all so sad to leave! I think that all of us would return and stay at Palmetto again in the future. Tip: Bring bug spray with DEET! Also, Eagle Ray's restaurant in the West End was really good and worth a quick trip to town.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Oliver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

My husband and I did not know what to expect when we booked our trip last
minute on a special that was being offered by Palmetto Bay Plantation, we figured
we would make the best of it. We were pleasantly surprised!
Our villa was decorated with fresh flowers, the drinks were very good, we had our
meals included in our special, as well as enjoyed three dives per day.
Palmetto Bay Plantation has a long natural white sandy beach, with a long dock
and a Palapa at the end where we had drinks and watched sunsets. It
was so romantic we looked forward to watching the sun set after our dives.
Food was excellent! This will be a trip we will definitely repeat!
It's an English speaking island so driving around the island was very easy
and our dive sites were 5 minutes away, the reef is literally right in front of
the resort. Incredible experience, diving is first class.

Tisha

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Palmetto Bay Plantation? Share your experiences!