“Kitesurfing and Paya Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 178 Activities in Roatan
Type: Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite School Lessons - Trips - Rental Kite lessons for beginner to advanced riders available. We organize unique Kitesurfing Trips & Downwinders around the Island. If you want to travel light, no problem we also rent kite gear. No matter if you are new to this sport or you have already taken a kite course but some time has passed since... We bring you back in track or introduce you this fascinating sport. We are located in the East End of Roatan, where the wind blows the best. The Kite school is open from December - September. Have a look at our Kite & Yoga or Kite & Dive packages. Please contact us for more informations. We are looking forward to share our passion with you....!!!
Sarasota, FL
“Kitesurfing and Paya Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Roatan with my daughter. She a photographer and me a kitesurfer. We spent 3 days with Chris and Marilou and had a great time. Hanford the boat captain took us to the Mangroves and to the Pigeon Keys for a great time. I was on my North 10m both days. Paya Bay was a winner!! Great food, cold beers and hammock time.

We also spent time at the Omega Eco-Jungle lodge and had a great time whitewater rafting and hiking in the rainforest. Both were great.

Visited July 2013

Montreal, Canada
“the ultimate kitesurfing adventure !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Having traveled to many different places in the world (Hawaii, Asia, Europe, Canada, Caribbean) and kited numerous kite spots, I can honestly say that Roatan is my top destination for kitesurfing. When I was checking the forecast several months before, I noticed it was always windy !! In fact they have a huge windy season from December to September. The wind blows all day but especially in the afternoon when the wind shifts Side On, and gets stronger as the day passes by.

Marilou and Chris really gave us the ultimate kitesurfing adventure (the one you always admire in magazines or videos and say to yourself : Wooow, I wish it was me !!).

- 3 hour sunset downwinders every day
- kitesurfing on a picture perfect deserted island with only one palm tree
- downwind in front of many little villages and seeing all the kids run outside to come and meet us and share their smiles
- wave riding in front of the resort and during the downwinders
- having lunch in a remote fishing village (only accessible by boat) and then kite again
- kitesurfing around a superb ship wreck with 1000 shades of blue in the water
- riding perfect flat water for hours
- boosting huge air with Chris and learning new tricks from him …
- Getting to different kite spots with a great boat driver that knows everything there is to know in Roatan ....

All in all, the spot is outstanding and has so much more to offer and to discover.

The yoga and meditation sessions with Marilou on a platform overlooking the ocean in the morning were perfect to awaken those sore muscles and get ready for another great kitesurfing day.

The food at Paya bay resort was excellent especially with tons of freshly picked fruit, freshly caught fish, and the delicious Honduran recipes. The humming birds would come and drink the nectar of the fruits right off our forks. Every room in Paya Bay overlooks the ocean. They are tidy and the beds very comfortable witch lets you have a great night sleep.

I now know why Chris and Marilou chose to live in Roatan, it’s almost to good to be true
Thank you for letting us live this adventure !! I hope we will have some more ‘’ptit’s bouchons’’ with you soon !!

Cheers,

Justin.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great kiting - Great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent a week with Kitesurf Roatan and it was a blast! Marilou and Chris are great hosts, guides and teachers. They hade everything set up and running like clockwork. We got to ride in amazing spots (like a desert island) and got great tips in a very safe environment. It’s safe to say that this was our best kite trip yet!

If you are a beginner or a pro, you need to contact Kitesurf Roatan to kite on Roatan as they have contacts with the greatest private beaches and set up boat trips to great spots and downwinders.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Kite Surfing in Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Christian was very helpful and patient in our son's lesson, making it fun and ensuring he will likely continue to pursue the sport.

Visited March 2013
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Kitesurfing @ Paya Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Myself and my family went to Roatan March 2013. We started on the touristy end of the Island and were lucky enough to end up at the very private Paya Bay Resort with Chris and Marilou. I was just a beginner kite boarder and went out for 3 sessions with Chris. Great instruction. Very hands on, getting in the water with you and helping analyze what you are doing wrong and correcting it. Their prices are so reasonable I actually paid them more. If you like it quiet, peaceful and beautiful and want to learn how to kite board this is the place to go.

Keenan