“Xtreme introduced us to the vastness and beauty of the Bay Islands.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Islands Adventures

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 178 Activities in Roatan
Type: Tours, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Bay Islands Adventures has been creating unforgettable memories by offering the most weekly trips to Cayos Cochinos, Utila, Pigeon Cay, and daily snorkeling trips around the island- drinks and lunches (usually on the beach) provided. We are your personal Bay Islands offshore fishing experts offering world class charters - Bay Islands Adventures' fishing charters are unmatched! Whether you are an experienced angler or a novice fisherman, we can accomodate all your Bay Islands charter fishing needs.We are locally-owned and family-operated. Nobody else knows these islands better than us - our guests' safety is always paramount. Come and spend a day or a few with us - let us be your hosts and guides as you explore the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef (second largest in the world)!!!
Port Hope, Canada
“Xtreme introduced us to the vastness and beauty of the Bay Islands.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I had done a lot of research on Roatan before we left. We stayed at the Mayan Princess and I knew what restaurants and sights I wanted to visit. I was not sure if I wanted to pay the $150 per person to go on one of Xtremes tours. When Ray aproached me on the beach I knew who he was right away. He has a nice easy way about him and we chatted for a while..no pressure. My son who was diving everyday my husband and I wanted to see a Whale Shark,we'd been wanting this for a while.We signed up with Xtreme for the Utila Trip.
We left very early in the morning, when we got close to Utila we slowed down , threw out four lines and trolled and watched and waited. This I admit was a bit boring but being the ex wife of a professional billfish sport fisherman I was waiting for the rush you get when something happens. Nothing happened :o( I also know that's the way it goes. We then headed to Water Cay, an uninhabited sandy beach island in the Bay Islands . They threw out the anchor before arriving on shore so we could snorkel. We saw al ot of tropical fish and a Manta Ray. We spent a while exporing Water Cay. Then on to Utila. Utila is one of the main Bay Islands but tough to get to. It is a huge dive area with tremendous diving all around.I'm told better than Roatan and that's saying something. Greg our Capatain and Adonus our mate took us to an island restaurant and bought us lunch then we explored this unique town that is so much like the Carribean was 30 years ago. We sat and talked to the Mayor who was sitting rocking on his porch. A middle aged man with a good head on his shoulders.
Time to head back to Roatan. Greg kept his experienced eyes open for Whale Sharks. He thought he saw something and we all got excited. We ended up in the middle of the open sea with Tuna jumping like popcorn all around.us. The lines went out and the action started everyone got to catch their own dinner plus al ot more. What a fun time. We got back to Fosters in West Bay around 4. Greg and Adonus cleaned our fish for us and we arrainged to meet ( their were 8 of us all together) at Fosters for 7. Fosters cooked up our fish and only charged us for our side dishes. Now that's a great day to remember.
Oh yes, did I mention they gave us snacks , fruit ,unlimited beer and rum and would not let us lift a finger. Definatley worth the money.

Visited February 2011

La Habra, California
12 attraction reviews
“Cayos cochinos day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Hey everyone, i just wanted to share the wonderful experience i had with Ray at xtreme charters. I booked my trip with he and his dad(Mr. Foster) and i could not have had a better time. Everything from the boat to the service was top notch. Ray went out of his way to make everyone on the boat feel welcome, as did a shipmate named Blue. The cayos islands are incredible, like going back in time. It seemed like Ray knew just where to park the boat to get us the best snorkeling experiences anywhere i have every been. The meal and entertainment on chachauete was incredible, i had fresh lobster right on the beach, i also saw the man catch it moments before. I hope this will be helpful for others looking to create life long memories. Please post about your experiences. P.s. my avatar was taken on Ray's big boat.

Roatan, Honduras
“A tour with Extreme Charters is a MUST when you visit Roatan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

I've lived in Roatan off and on for about 8 years and have taken many boat rides, but my first trip with Extreme Charters sealed the deal for future excursions. We chartered the boat for a day of fun in the sun with about 10 people. We jumped around from great snorkeling sites to a stop at Palmetto Bay for some beach volleyball and lunch. The service was great! The crew was relaxed as an islander should be but with a professionalism you don't always find down here. There wasn't one person on the boat that had a complaint all day. I'm pretty sure everyone slept like a baby that night!

A month and half later we had a friend come and visit from the States and knew we would just have to do another excursion with Extreme Charters. This time we went to Cayos Cochinos, one of the other surrounding islands. This trip is where a larger, faster boat comes in handy! We cruised over to Cayos in a little over an hour and were tranported back in time. There were small little islands no bigger than someone's backyard that offered a sense of being in a comic strip like the one you see with a shipwrecked person on a small island sitting beneath the one palm tree. After that we headed over to the island of Chachawate. This island is only inhabited with a little over 100 people or so and I can't be more than 250 yards long! The islanders are some of the friendliest people you will meet and the children's smiles are as bright as the Carribean sun. The local lunch we ate on the island was fresh fish that was caught that morning. Try the red sauce with the fish! Also, with a little bit of exploring throughout the tiny village you can play a few games of Fussball on probably the most remote Fussball table in the world! Bring your game...the kids love to play too!

After a great day in the sun and fun you head back home while the sea rocks out any stress you might have had before vacation. I can't wait for more friends to come down so I have another excuse to hit the crystal blue waters with Extreme Charters.