“GREAT PLACE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 71 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum is home to Roatan’s most exotic tropical gardens.  Featuring the only commercial hydroponic lettuce farm in the Caribbean, exotic tropical fruit trees, large orchid collection, heliconia gardens and a conservatory with an indoor waterfall surrounded by lush tropical plants.  Enjoy our pond with several varieties of aquatic birds.  Breathe deep and take in nature at Roatan's tropical Eden covering over 150 acres.
Roatan, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

It is incredible to see how in a beautiful place you can see a variety of plants (floral, fruits etcc..) perfect place to learn, taste and see about nature. My Family enjoy our trip... We loged it!!!

Visited July 2014

Joshua, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Find us by our shirt. :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I went to this last week. It was so beautiful and really informative. First off though, because we are not great at planning we didn't have a confirmation before we left so the one time we bought internet on the cruise ship we had to take care of it all. It wouldn't be totally settled so we had to grab a pic off of facebook of my husband with a shirt that was packed in our suitcase. Worked like a charm and Ana found us. :-) Then of course we didn't have any cash so she drove us to an ATM. We loved the Arboretum and the Hydroponics. Helen was wonderful and fruit tasting was very cool. Then Ana was kind enough to take us to a local lunch spot. Great food. Great time. Thanks!!!

Visited June 2014
Gonzales, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful well-kept garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I spent a couple of hours in our May 2014 trip to Roatan at the Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum. She loves plants and I love photography, so it was a perfect place for both of us to really enjoy. There are many fruit trees in the collection, many of which are strikingly beautiful. The indoor garden and orchid collection are superb. Its a nice quiet place to soak in the beauty. We did not get a guided tour, and arrived on a weekend. The owner came out an met us, and was knowledgeable, informative and friendly. I recommend this place highly.

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

As far as botanical gardens go, I have never been a huge conisiuer but I was extremely impressed with the tour of this place. Helen did a tremendous job of walking is through the gardens. She is extremely knowledgable and friendly. The best part about this place was that Helen not only walked you through the gardens but had everyone taste the fruits from the trees right off of them! It was such an amazing experience and I would highly recommend you visit!

Orange, TX
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A bit overpriced?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The gardens are actually well laid out and offer a wide variety of plants. They have a orchard side and a hydroponic side where they grow lettuce and herbs. Orchard side tour is $15 and another $8 to add the hydroponic side. We both thought that $15 would be fair for the whole thing, or maybe even $18 for the combo. There is no discount if you want to do both though.

Visited May 2014