“I didn't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 Attractions in Roatan
Type: Islands
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome to our Private Island Retreat......Best Moments....Both eco friendly and mystical, this place is built with kindness to the environment and people in mind, Little French Key is where you get back to your essence. Roatan is an uncommon place to rejuvenate physically, mentally and spiritually. .Join us for some of the best moments of your life.....
Spring, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“I didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 NEW

I was expecting great things from Little French Key and it didn't disappoint. I wanted a great beach/water/options to do things included and got more than I expected. Perhaps more telling is that my daughter who isn't a beach person at all gave the really high praise (in her language) of "This is a lot better than I thought it would be" (even before she spent time with all the rescued animals or swam with the horses)

In my mind, this was paradise... various options of non-crowded beaches; awesome food; amazing snorkeling without paying any extra/right where you are walking/swimming; crystal clear waters; great interactions with rescued animals (monkeys, deer, parrots, toucans, etc...)

My son & I both inquired about ways to just stay at Little French Key... That is how much we loved this place!

Visited August 2014

A TripAdvisor Member
“A piece of heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 NEW

My husband and two small children, ages 4 and 6 visited this beautiful island this past July while cruising on Royal Caribbean. I booked the excursion directly from their website, the tricky part was finding the car service when we got off the boat. Unfortunately I didn't follow the directions sent via email. We waited in the wrong area (wasting precious time), and after 15 minutes we finally found Dave waiting for us outside the port gates. The ride was about 30 minutes, driving through the town was fun, our driver pointed out areas of interest (celebrity homes) as we drove past. When we arrived at the island it was breathtaking! The kids loved the speedboat ride. The island itself was exactly what the doctor ordered. The water was so clear, calm, and very shallow it was unbelievable, the food was also delicious, my son raves about it till this day. We also loved the staff, and all the hammocks amongst the coconut trees.
I highly recommend visiting The Little French Key!!!

St. Paul, MN
3 attraction reviews
“Exceedingly good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 NEW

Our visit was part of an NCL excursion, but the excursion demands its own review. When in Roatan, I would come back here again and again. Our 30 minute drive from the pier to the French Key where you take a platform boat a couple hundred yards to the Key was just as much fun as the time on the island. Our guide was motivated and excited to talk about his country. We found a secluded spot and camped under the natural shade of palm trees for a couple of hours. We should have done more exploring because around the island are various water toys to rent. Next time I'll try the stand up paddle board in the calm lagoon. There was also a diving platform about 20' high, a nature preserve.

Our excursion included a light lunch of salsa and plantains. It was enough, but next time we will try the restaurant food, even though the prices are on the high side.

Visited July 2014
“Wish they would have kept me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 NEW

Little French Key is undeniably one of the greatest, most stunning places I've ever been. The food was so good and the staff was very friendly. We snorkled and had a few drinks and at one point we were 2 of only about 6 visitors there. My only complaint would be that we didn't get enough time to soak it all in...and I wish they would have kept me! :)

Thank you so much to LFK for sharing your lovely island with us. We will never forget this experience.

Visited May 2014
southern california
7 attraction reviews
“Picture Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I booked directly with Little French Key, and everything went very smoothly. They picked us up and dropped us off in a timely manner. It was my husband and I along with our 3 children who loved this island. They have many things to do, and many nice areas to relax. The food was excellent. The bathrooms were well kept. They even have a zoo! My only complaint would be we all left really bit up. Not sure from what, could of been sand fleas or something in the water. I would for sure revisit!

Visited July 2014