“Simba” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 71 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our Private Island Retreat......Best Moments....Both eco friendly and mystical, this place is built with kindness to the environment and people in mind, Little French Key is where you get back to your essence. Roatan is an uncommon place to rejuvenate physically, mentally and spiritually. .Join us for some of the best moments of your life.....
Fullerton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had the opportunity swim w/ Simba (the rescue Jaguar)....it was a thrill of a life time and his handler Matheau was awesome. When we went to Lil French Key it was not in our plans or thoughts to do something like this but it was the highlight of our trip. The island is AMAZINGLY beautiful and the staff was very friendly.

Visited May 2014
littlefrenchkey, Owner at Little French Key, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this great five stars review. We are very glad that you enjoyed what we have to offer here in Paradise! It is truly the enjoyment of our dear visiting guests such as yourself that makes what we do all so worthwhile....May G-d Bless you and your family

Monroe, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tropical Paradise~ An absolute must do!!!~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

What's not to love about this place!~ We booked our day at Little French Key thru them rather than the cruise ship~ $98 per person included transportation to and from, an awesome meal, 2 drinks of your choice, snorkeling around the key and they also take you by boat to snorkel the 2nd largest reef in the world~ You can swim, layout, kayak, paddle board, jump off of a high platform into the water, plus they have island music playing, puppies you can play with, lots of other wildlife including tropical birds and you can hold and play with a little spider monkey named Lisa~ I fell in love with little Lisa!!~ The only thing that I didn't like was the jaguar enclosure~ The jaguar was used for photos and swimming with people for an additional cost~ His enclosure is small and he is too big to play with people now~ I saw the trainer get bitten the day I was there~ The trainer did take him out to "work with him" and we watched from a distance~ He was kept on a leash, but should be free in a really nice sanctaury somewhere, for his sake, and before he harms someone~ Other than that, we had a really wonderful time~ I highly recommend a visit, or 2 or 3 visits here!~ :)

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this great five stars review. We are very glad that you enjoyed what we have to offer here in Paradise! It is truly the enjoyment of our dear visiting guests such as yourself that makes what we do all so worthwhile... FYI Our Jaguar, Simba's enclosure is about 30 times larger than the one he was in at the circus from which we rescued him from it also contains a dipping pool and sleep and eat safety enclosure within it, don't know which enclosure you are referring to in your comments but rest assured he is a lot better off at our location now...Simba loves to swim and play and he only gets out,and swims and plays if he feels like it on the days he wants to do so.....May G-d Bless you and your family

New Providence Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A dream come true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I visited The Little French Key on May 28 whilst on the Vision of the Seas, Royal Caribbean. I found them right here on trip advisor and they made one of my lifes dreams come true!! I am from the Bahamas so beautiful water and island life is not new to me but playing with animals like monkeys and jaguars that were rescued is VERY NEW!! I love cats and have always wanted to have a big cat...as that is not possible lol...playing with Simba the jaguar was my dream come true! Beyond that the food was good, the water clear and warm, the decor so pretty and the people...so friendly. Thank you Mathew (the trainer) for my experience with Simba! It was the best time of my whole cruise!!

Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this great five stars review. We are very glad that you enjoyed what we have to offer here in Paradise! It is truly the enjoyment of our dear visiting guests such as yourself that makes what we do all so worthwhile... .May G-d Bless you and your family

Holbrook, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Paradise a little pice of heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

the staff were very nice the best part of our cruise . I had the best time on that island hope it stays under the radar. not to crowed .I got to see many fish even a star fish. I also have inner ear problems so once I get water in my ear . I get all off balance and disoriented. Well the staff was looking out and gave me some help .I would highly recommenced going there. book it threw there site the had different color shirt then they say so keep a eye out .. have fun . We did would go back in a heart beat:) you can go horse back riding also.

Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sand and water and monkeys, oh my!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I got to hold a baby monkey! Total highlight of the day. We were on a cruise excursion and it was not rated highly by cruise line but glad we went! Be sure and check out the whole island....it is beautiful.

Thank you for taking the time to post this positive reviews the guests that book direct with us do get a much better value and service than those booking through the Carnival Cruise line, for this reason we will not renew our contract with Carnival Tour Operators after this upcoming August and will only sell direct to our guests for better quality assurance, value and enjoyment.... We are very glad that you enjoyed what we have to offer here in Paradise! It is truly the enjoyment of our dear visiting guests such as yourself that makes what we do all so worthwhile.....May G-d Bless you and your family....